Jackson Racing Supercharger Advice

DanielTheManiel

Hey guys! First ever post in this forum so I’m excited.

I’ve been looking into the Jackson Racing Supercharger for my 2013 LX automatic. I understand that this specific kit was built for the 8th gen, but I was wondering what problems I would encounter if I tried to install it.

One BIG caveat! I’m in Cali, and so the JRSC being CARB legal was what drew me to it. I understand that the TrackPack is not available to me, and that’s the only one with an intercooler, so I don’t have to worry about the intercooler not fitting with the crashbar. I’ve also read that the fuel injectors do not match up.

For those who’ve purchased it, does the FlashPro that it comes with work for the 9th gen? If not, what’s an alternative tuning place so that my car doesn’t blow up haha

There is an option to buy the TIY option, which has no tuner and no fuel injectors, but I don’t know if that one is CARB legal.

I’ve read a lot of the posts made by Nix and Jake LXer, but I would still appreciate a “follow up” or advice.

Thank you very much!

Hey guys! First ever post in this forum so I’m excited.

I’ve been looking into the Jackson Racing Supercharger for my 2013 LX automatic. I understand that this specific kit was built for the 8th gen, but I was wondering what problems I would encounter if I tried to install it.

One BIG caveat! I’m in Cali, and so the JRSC being CARB legal was what drew me to it. I understand that the TrackPack is not available to me, and that’s the only one with an intercooler, so I don’t have to worry about the intercooler not fitting with the crashbar. I’ve also read that the fuel injectors do not match up.

For those who’ve purchased it, does the FlashPro that it comes with work for the 9th gen? If not, what’s an alternative tuning place so that my car doesn’t blow up haha

There is an option to buy the TIY option, which has no tuner and no fuel injectors, but I don’t know if that one is CARB legal.

I’ve read a lot of the posts made by Nix and Jake LXer, but I would still appreciate a “follow up” or advice.

Thank you very much!

Nope. That won't work. Completely different motor thusly a different manifold.

EDIT: Ah LX. Sorry I missed that. In that case, I'm not sure. I can say however, it still won't be CARB legal even if it will fit. The FlashPro from the 8th won't work. You'd have to get one for the 9th, and the Flashpro itself has a CARB version and a Race version. CARB wouldn't allow you to change the parameters that you need to, and Race version isn't CARB legal.

Do you know the limitations the CARB version has over the race version? I figured if somehow the JR team made their set-up CARB legal AND with a FlashPro, I could do the same with a 9th gen FlashPro.

info@jacksonracing.com
Tel: 909-927-8500

I would contact jackson to see about the carb situation on a 9th gen flashpro unit. The 8th gen unit isn't going to work, so they'd have to provide you with a 9th gen flashpro unit with an appropriate tune for the supercharger. I'm going to say that's not going to happen, as they have their carb status for the 8th gen unit, but you can ask. No one here is going to have the answer. Jake lx is the only person I know of who installed the kit, and it wasn't plug and play.

For CARB legal, if your model year is not listed as compatible then it is not CARB legal for you vehicle - won't pass visual inspection. Your model year/engine has to be listed.

For CARB legal, if your model year is not listed as compatible then it is not CARB legal for you vehicle - won't pass visual inspection. Your model year/engine has to be listed.
On the CARB EO database, the Jackson Racing SC has the number D-700-1. On the attached PDF it says the system is legal for “2006-2013 Civics with 4 cylinder engines”. My car is a 2013, so this should apply right?

info@jacksonracing.com
Tel: 909-927-8500

I would contact jackson to see about the carb situation on a 9th gen flashpro unit. The 8th gen unit isn't going to work, so they'd have to provide you with a 9th gen flashpro unit with an appropriate tune for the supercharger. I'm going to say that's not going to happen, as they have their carb status for the 8th gen unit, but you can ask. No one here is going to have the answer. Jake lx is the only person I know of who installed the kit, and it wasn't plug and play.
I sent them an email with a few questions, and I’ll let you know what they say when they reply. I asked if they used a CARB legal FlashPro on their 8th gen. If they did, and I buy a 9th gen CARB legal Flashpro separately, would I not be able to transfer their tune onto this new one? Provided I can acquire their basemap

Do you know the limitations the CARB version has over the race version? I figured if somehow the JR team made their set-up CARB legal AND with a FlashPro, I could do the same with a 9th gen FlashPro.

I know it's not the answer you want, but this isn't going to be CARB legal. It's not for 9th gen. And the number you refer to lists a 2011 CRZ. Even though it references Civic in the doc a number of times.

upload_2020-10-14_11-13-23.pngupload_2020-10-14_11-13-0.png

I would assume jackson would have to provide you with the flashpro unit with the tune already installed. If they haven't done carb testing on a 9th gen unit (which I'm assuming they haven't since they don't sell the kit for the 9th gen), they won't have a tune that will be 9th gen carb compliant. The carb flashpro units that are sold directly from hondata only allow carb approved maps to be installed.

carb-png.58127

this is what happens when you attempt loading a tune that isn't carb compliant on a carb flashpro unit.

Trust me man. I've looked. There are ASBOLUTELY NO CARB legal applications for forced induction for the 9th Gen.

They emailed me back, basically just said the kit is for 06-11, and it has been discontinued. None of my questions answered. Looks like we’re back to square one :(

I don't want it to sounds like it's going to, but this will be the first of many let downs. It's just part of modding. Try not to get discouraged. If boosting your ride is what you're after you can make it happen. Just might be a bit more work than expected. I decided to start modding my Civic over a year ago and I JUST got around to getting stuff installed. Take your time, and plan your build and you'll be just fine!

What part of Cali are you in? There are a few of us that in CA that are still active.

If you're planning on building out the car, start a thread. It's good for you to follow your progress and also give you a place to store info regarding your build. I refer back to mine all the time to see what someone suggested for a question I had, or just to remember when I did what to the car.

They emailed me back, basically just said the kit is for 06-11, and it has been discontinued. None of my questions answered. Looks like we’re back to square one :(
what are your goals with the car? If power is a huge factor, is there any reason you didn't go with the SI? If you're okay with spending like 4k on a supercharger setup for the lx, are you opposed to swapping to a SI? There is at least additional aftermarket support for the SI.

That's the real solution here. You'll spend less money for the power level just going to an Si.

I was going for a sort of “sleeper” build. Having SI badges all over my car would’ve been a dead give away. Plus, SI insurance would be a lot more than I pay now. Also, this car is relatively new, and I don’t really want to go through the headache of selling it, and getting new insurance and plates and such.

Yeah the SI is more powerful, and if I was just looking for power I should’ve gotten an SI, but the point for me is to get that power through building it, not having it be there already.

Back