Official Computer Talk Thread

@bootyluvr - you should use that secondary pc as your primary. That 7500 is almost a full lateral from the 4790 while upgrading support. I guess you lose those hyperthread cores..

Actually I did make the PowerSpec PC (that's the secondary/i5-7500 rig) primary for a bit just to see how it was when I acquired it.

I noticed in Call of Duty and PUBG (both probably not optimized the best) would experience lag spikes due to the CPU. Of course I'm always monitoring usage, temps, ect on my second monitor and noticed it when it was pegged at 100% CPU usage in those games.

It was annoying the **** out of me.

Of course Rocket League (not CPU dependent) wouldn't lag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think that would change the timing of the sticks and skew the results.

Actually I did make the PowerSpec PC (that's the secondary/i5-7500 rig) primary for a bit just to see how it was when I acquired it.

I noticed in Call of Duty and PUBG (both probably not optimized the best) would experience lag spikes due to the CPU. Of course I'm always monitoring usage, temps, ect on my second monitor and noticed it when it was pegged at 100% CPU usage in those games.

It was annoying the **** out of me.

Of course Rocket League (not CPU dependent) wouldn't lag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah. Those extra threads help out don’t they? I’m not a fan of the 7th gen i5.

I think that would change the timing of the sticks and skew the results.

I wish GN (GamersNexus) could find two sets of the same RAM with similar timings.. They can do anything! lol

Yeah. Those extra threads help out don’t they? I’m not a fan of the 7th gen i5.

Yeah they definitely help. I figured the i5-7500 would be at least a bit better than it was.

"If you have a Pixel 1-5, photos uploaded from that device won’t be impacted. Photos and videos uploaded in High quality from that device will continue to be exempt from this change, even after June 1, 2021."

googles way of saying... buy our pixel phones. At least for now

Same. Had the Original Pixel and now I have the Pixel 3. And the next will probably be a Pixel too. I've converted everyone else on my plan (with the exception of the lady. She's an iPhone) to Pixels as well.

Mom - Pixel 2 XL from a LG V20
Mom's Friend - Pixel 3 from some garbage Moto
My Buddy - Pixel 4a from an Original Pixel
Me - Pixel 3 from Original Pixel

Same. Had the Original Pixel and now I have the Pixel 3. And the next will probably be a Pixel too. I've converted everyone else on my plan (with the exception of the lady. She's an iPhone) to Pixels as well.

Mom - Pixel 2 XL from a LG V20
Mom's Friend - Pixel 3 from some garbage Moto
My Buddy - Pixel 4a from an Original Pixel
Me - Pixel 3 from Original Pixel

Nice. :thumbsup:

Hey! Don't talk trash about the Moto's! I've had them. Moto G4 and Moto G6. Of course they aren't even in the Pixel league but still. They aren't bad for the price (at the time).

My wife just went from the Moto G6 to the Pixel 4a. My mom has only had Samsung phones so not sure if she'll want to go with a Pixel. My MIL never uses her smartphone so she has my old Moto G6.

Nonononono. I mean a TRASH Moto. Like a step above a feature phone Moto. LOLOLOL

I just checked. It was the Moto G4. :giggle:

But he's really hard on phones. I know he didn't take care of it at all. And he's not too technically inclined, so I'm sure that added to the "issues" the phone had.

I just checked. It was the Moto G4. :giggle:

But he's really hard on phones. I know he didn't take care of it at all. And he's not too technically inclined, so I'm sure that added to the "issues" the phone had.

:cornmad: We had no real issues with our Moto G4 except the camera was meh but that's expected with a $180 unlocked phone. The Moto G6 definitely improved on the camera but of course compared to the Pixel phones the camera on the Moto was **** lol

I was bad and got a iPhone 12 Pro. I was going through Android phones like they were going out of style.

Backorder notifications on my slowest PC build ever.

Corsair SF750 - now expected 11/23. Was 12/16.
Ryzen R7 5800x - expected 12/21.
Monitor - expected 11/19-11/21.

Last edited:
Radeon 6000 launch as awesome as RTX 3000 series. Crashed websites, no stock, etc.

Radeon 6000 launch as awesome as RTX 3000 series. Crashed websites, no stock, etc.

Did you expect anything less? :hiding:

Both companies are making decent cards for decent prices and tons of people are jumping on them.

Did you expect anything less? :hiding:

Both companies are making decent cards for decent prices and tons of people are jumping on them.

Nope. Watching on the sidelines.

New PC is getting the old 1080 whilst the lady’s computer may go onboard graphics for the time being since she’s not using much in the way of graphics card.

LG 38WN95 to arrive tomorrow. Somehow I managed to snag one up in the 10 minutes it was available for order from LG. That thing goes more towards upgrading the work from home setup as that is gonna be extended well into next year but also for play :). Was thinking about the 49” double-wide but it’s just gonna be too big for the desk.

Back