Official Computer Talk Thread

Do you Discord @FooBird ? I know you are busy with work and all but didn't know if you use it while gaming.

New PC is getting the old 1080 whilst the lady’s computer may go onboard graphics for the time being since she’s not using much in the way of graphics card.

Damn! Giving the 'ol lady shitting on-board graphics. See how much you love her :rotfl: I'm kidding.

LG 38WN95 to arrive tomorrow. Somehow I managed to snag one up in the 10 minutes it was available for order from LG. That thing goes more towards upgrading the work from home setup as that is gonna be extended well into next year but also for play :). Was thinking about the 49” double-wide but it’s just gonna be too big for the desk.

Damn! 38" monitor. I couldn't go that big. I like my dual monitors. 27" <3

Dual 27” monitors are being combined for 49” inch 32:9 setups. That was a little too wide for all of my use. The 21:9 is good compromise up from dual 24” screens.

Do you Discord @FooBird ? I know you are busy with work and all but didn't know if you use it while gaming.

Damn! Giving the 'ol lady shitting on-board graphics. See how much you love her :rotfl: I'm kidding.

I’ve never done discord while gaming.

I am on an eternal waitlist for a 3080. There is a plan on upgrading graphics cards and giving her my 1080 but that’s not happening quickly. She doesn’t use the computer for much more than running the internet and doing spreadsheet stuff.

She needs the dual monitor functionality more than a gaming graphics card and I don’t want to purchase an interim video card to put into a machine until the 3080 arrives.

But I have to have dual monitors. No single EVER

uZJpAUv.jpg

One of my coworkers picked up one of those LG ultrawide. Said he's saving for the second so he can do that exact setup

I’ve seen a few YouTube people with the ultrawides for video editing.

I’ve seen a few YouTube people with the ultrawides for video editing.

because they want to be able to edit their timeline on a span the size of a football field?

Lol I guess! It is nice having a large screen when doing video editing stuff though.

oh that i agree, i started editing on square monitors and when the office transitioned to widescreens it was amazing

I didn't like curved until I used one. They're SO nice.

Curved TVs are BS, curved monitors though seem worth it, at least youre close enough that the claim about it being immersive holds up

My current setup of two screens are not exactly flat, it’s basically a very coarse curve. Well, I’ll see how the ultrawide will work for the bevy of tasks I have to throw at it 10-12 hours a day.

My 1080 and 4 core/4 thread processor are only able to run AC:Odyssey to a frame rate of 45 FPS at 3840x1600 resolution and it’s pushing hard.

Got confirmation on the Ryzen 5800x will ship December 2.
nCases will ship this week.
0BEEAC12-C12C-421D-9CC2-675242C127B5.jpeg

R7 5800x to arrive Wednesday :fingerscrossed:

I’m targeting a EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra. Waiting for my notification in the EVGA queue.

Still waiting for information on that SF750 power supply...may jump on a Silverstone SX700-PT since it should also work.

Yup. I killed the SF750 option as it was delayed indefinitely. It’s gonna have to be a Silverstone SX700-PT.

at least those are showing available even on sites like amazon, so that's a bonus. One less thing to wait for

Back