Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I love it when people show how stupid they are......

B5FF58F8-7986-4454-A1BE-4097EF842085.jpeg
82E0B4FC-6299-47B2-9FC2-FB05E74B310A.jpeg

Split the figures in half and it affects/becomes more relevant to about half the population of Charlotte/US. Would you make fun on this article now????

Stupid is as stupid does....

i saw a local interview that framing 2x4s have gone from under $2 a piece to over $9 and its hitting peoples budgets pretty hard

even with a 250k house, you’re talking almost 38 grand extra. Plywood, dimensional lumber, pex pipe... it’s all way up. I was quoted $93.99 for a single sheet of 3/4” plywood last week. Another lumber yard said they couldn’t even sell osb or plywood to the general public, because they cannot even keep up with general contractor needs.

An article I saw last week mentioned Texas as a big part of the pricing problem. With the winter storms, they had factories that make chemicals for plastics (used in pex pipes) and glues used in plywood/osb production that were all knocked out.

even with a 250k house, you’re talking almost 38 grand extra. Plywood, dimensional lumber, pex pipe... it’s all way up. I was quoted $93.99 for a single sheet of 3/4” plywood last week. Another lumber yard said they couldn’t even sell osb or plywood to the general public, because they cannot even keep up with general contractor needs.

An article I saw last week mentioned Texas as a big part of the pricing problem. With the winter storms, they had factories that make chemicals for plastics (used in pex pipes) and glues used in plywood/osb production that were all knocked out.
im so happy i built my shed last year. i bet if i built it right now it would cost as much as a plastic shed.

A coworker of mine had significant damage to her house from the busted pipes and she just got scheduled for repairs to be completed two weeks from now. Her house still has holes in the ceiling and walls. This whole thing has been so crazy to go through. Our pool has some busted plastic pipes that are all above ground and we can't get parts at all. I've reached out to a few pool places around me and no one has stock of anything.. so green pool city for me

Morning :)

Another Monday...

Morning! :wavey:

For sure. I am working on getting a new roof on my house and any plywood replacement raises the price of the project $100 a shot.

For sure. I am working on getting a new roof on my house and any plywood replacement raises the price of the project $100 a shot.
I don't know if you can hold off on replacing it till next year, but if you can hold off another year it's likely you'll save yourself quite a bit in material costs. It's hard to accurately predict where prices will be, but some have said in a years time that same sheet could be around the $30-35 dollar range instead of 90+. They still predict they'll be a supply shortage, but with the chemical factories back online, it should help the supply chain & pricing.

I don't know if you can hold off on replacing it till next year, but if you can hold off another year it's likely you'll save yourself quite a bit in material costs. It's hard to accurately predict where prices will be, but some have said in a years time that same sheet could be around the $30-35 dollar range instead of 90+. They still predict they'll be a supply shortage, but with the chemical factories back online, it should help the supply chain & pricing.
Unfortunately I have a light leak on the second story that’s causing damage to the plywood and causing mold to show up in that area as well.

Project started as a patch to remove a chimney to full blown roof replacement and attic insulation and ventilation overhaul because of the leak and mold.

Plywood is just one piece of it.

ahhh, well that sucks. It's best to deal with that now and not have added mold or damage to mitigate those expenses growing. With your PNW weather, it's not something you can drag your feet on either.

I don't care for every manufacturer sticking an iPad on the dash.. really stands out and is sort of an eye sore

The placement is bothersome, but I realize they’re trying to keep it high to reduce taking your eyes off the road. I dislike how it just looks glued on and doesn’t blend into the upper dash (like other cars too).

The placement is bothersome, but I realize they’re trying to keep it high to reduce taking your eyes off the road. I dislike how it just looks glued on and doesn’t blend into the upper dash (like other cars too).

I think everyone is going for that sort of design now.. weird modern/minimalist styling

there are NHTSA standards for what directions the driver can look and still be considered engaged and aware of driving tasks. putting a big screen up high like that just barely stays in the on task range. The standards are based on the interior of a ~95 Chevy Malibu, and provide no guidance for what content can be on those displays cause they haven't been updated since the 95 Malibu. So that fancy heads up display that shows you speed, turn by turn navigation lets you interact with your entire music playlist is all considered to be keeping you on task.

In grad school a lot of my friends were working on research showing how inadequate the old standards are in modern cars, kinda terrifying when they put you in a simulator and make you crash because of it, but can say by the standard i was driving apropriately

• Wow
Reactions: Dad
Off work :woot:

Tuesday = Family Dinner night with my wife, sister, niece and my parents

Reactions: Dad
there are NHTSA standards for what directions the driver can look and still be considered engaged and aware of driving tasks. putting a big screen up high like that just barely stays in the on task range. The standards are based on the interior of a ~95 Chevy Malibu, and provide no guidance for what content can be on those displays cause they haven't been updated since the 95 Malibu. So that fancy heads up display that shows you speed, turn by turn navigation lets you interact with your entire music playlist is all considered to be keeping you on task.

In grad school a lot of my friends were working on research showing how inadequate the old standards are in modern cars, kinda terrifying when they put you in a simulator and make you crash because of it, but can say by the standard i was driving apropriately

Automotive perfection.. move over R34 Skyline :rotfl:

1619555522311.png

Back