High beam won’t fit

phi1542

I’m having fitment issues with my high beams. Got some retrofitted headlights from my friend. I can’t get the high beam to fit. He says it’s OEM but the socket is different it has this back piece in the middle. Any help and suggestions plz. His is the second picture you can see the black round piece in the middle

Attachments

• FEBBAC0D-A2BA-4CC8-BF6E-24AA31580419.jpeg
    FEBBAC0D-A2BA-4CC8-BF6E-24AA31580419.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 8C51EE86-0B2C-47FD-959F-DCC5FC7A7929.jpeg
    8C51EE86-0B2C-47FD-959F-DCC5FC7A7929.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Are they hid projectors? What type of retrofit are the headlights? You need info from the person you bought them from. If they’re hid, you need hid bulbs (specific to whatever projector is in the headlight), hid ballasts and preferably a hid wire harness with a fuse/relay.

Are they hid projectors? What type of retrofit are the headlights? You need info from the person you bought them from. If they’re hid, you need hid bulbs (specific to whatever projector is in the headlight), hid ballasts and preferably a hid wire harness with a fuse/relay.
Yeah HID projectors. It’s OEM housing but low beam was retrofitted. They told me it’s OEM housing and that 9005 should fit. The high beam was supposed to be stock. He told me he had no issues with the high beam fitting a 9005 but idk I can’t get it in and it looks different from other high beam sockets. I can’t find anything online that looks like that high beam socket. So I’m super confused lol right now the bulb is just sitting there loose. I wouldn’t mind leaving it like that but I don’t won’t dust and dirt and condensation getting in the headlights in the future

one of your pictures looks like theres a 9005 bulb adapter plate still locked into the socket, I cant identify what its adapting to but it looks like you could unlock it the same way you'd unlock a regular bulb

one of your pictures looks like theres a 9005 bulb adapter plate still locked into the socket, I cant identify what its adapting to but it looks like you could unlock it the same way you'd unlock a regular bulb
Yeah that’s what it looks like too. I was trying to get it out with my finger but it’s kind of tough. Any recommendations on how to twist it out without me having to take the bumper and headlight off? LOL

you might be able to snag it with some pliers and rotate it, otherwise maybe a stubby screwdriver and pull the two phillips heads out, theyre holding the metal plate thats locked it all in. adapter should drop out then you can put the plate and screws back

I feel like I remember it being insanely tight behind the light,... but maybe a super short screwdriver would work. It’d prob be easier to just drop the bumper

Thanks for all the info guys! I was able to twist it out with pliers and flat head. It was from a previous bulb. Not sure how. Maybe LED or something

Back