Official Computer Talk Thread

last gpu i bought was a Quadro p2000 for media transcoding, haven't had a gaming computer in probably 15 years

last gpu i bought was a Quadro p2000 for media transcoding, haven't had a gaming computer in probably 15 years
Damn, those are what we built the engineering desktop machines with for a while. The solidworks guys loved those.

you can get one for just $649!
i thought it was painful when i got it at 450

Damn, those are what we built the engineering desktop machines with for a while. The solidworks guys loved those.
Plex loves it for media transcodes too, its still more powerful for simultaneous video stream transcodes than most cpus

I dont get how you have been able to get so many gpus

RTX 3060 - Friend(that lives in Ohio) one the Newegg Shuffle and he didn't want it. I had a friend here that wanted one.

AMD RX 6700XT - AMD had a drop and I was able to purchase it via there website. I had a different buddy who wanted a card to replace his GTX 1660 Super in his prebuild

AMD RX 6800 - AMD had a drop and I was able to purchase it via there website. I used this in the new build I did about a month or so ago.

Asus RTX 3080 Tuf - I won this in the Newegg Shuffle. It came in a combo with a 27" Asus 1440 165hz Curved Monitor (trying to sell this). I sold this card to a friend of a friend (from a Discord I'm on).

Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC White Edition - I purchased this from Zotac drop they had. When they have a drop you get in the queue and have a chance to purchase whatever 3000 series card they have left. The buddy that got the AMD RX 6700XT wanted the Zotac RTX 3070 because he is doing a white build. He's now selling the AMD RX 6700XT.

Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC White Edition - I purchased this from Zotac drop they had. I didn't think my order would go through (they said 1 card per 14 days) but it went through. I still have this card listed for sale (what I paid - no upcharging).

EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 - I went to Microcenter yesterday afternoon to get a longer SATA cable and overheard the employee talking to a customer about having the cards in stock. I initially wasn't going to get one but then figured I could sell it to someone at MSRP that couldn't get one but ended up installing it in my PC. Now the AMD RX 6800 is for sale.

So 7 cards purchased.

4 sold at MSRP/what I paid. 2 cards listed for sale still. 1 card installed in my rig.

RTX 3060 - Friend(that lives in Ohio) one the Newegg Shuffle and he didn't want it. I had a friend here that wanted one.

AMD RX 6700XT - AMD had a drop and I was able to purchase it via there website. I had a different buddy who wanted a card to replace his GTX 1660 Super in his prebuild

AMD RX 6800 - AMD had a drop and I was able to purchase it via there website. I used this in the new build I did about a month or so ago.

Asus RTX 3080 Tuf - I won this in the Newegg Shuffle. It came in a combo with a 27" Asus 1440 165hz Curved Monitor (trying to sell this). I sold this card to a friend of a friend (from a Discord I'm on).

Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC White Edition - I purchased this from Zotac drop they had. When they have a drop you get in the queue and have a chance to purchase whatever 3000 series card they have left. The buddy that got the AMD RX 6700XT wanted the Zotac RTX 3070 because he is doing a white build. He's now selling the AMD RX 6700XT.

Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC White Edition - I purchased this from Zotac drop they had. I didn't think my order would go through (they said 1 card per 14 days) but it went through. I still have this card listed for sale (what I paid - no upcharging).

EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 - I went to Microcenter yesterday afternoon to get a longer SATA cable and overheard the employee talking to a customer about having the cards in stock. I initially wasn't going to get one but then figured I could sell it to someone at MSRP that couldn't get one but ended up installing it in my PC. Now the AMD RX 6800 is for sale.

So 7 cards purchased.

4 sold at MSRP/what I paid. 2 cards listed for sale still. 1 card installed in my rig.
The points/cash back on whatever card you're using to pay for those has got to be nice!

Zotac RTX 3070 is sold :) Going to ship it out tomorrow.

Down to 1 card to sell.

Shipped out the 3070 this morning. Shipping (with insurance) is more than I expected. Dang.
The Zotac White 3070 is already in Virginia.

Shipped Monday. Should arrived tomorrow (Wednesday) to Georgia. Not bad.

@Honda-Fan

After looking at that case you want... for a small build it looks decent :)

1626182975347.png

@Honda-Fan

After looking at that case you want... for a small build it looks decent :)

View attachment 63217

The green case I originally wanted was a DarkFlash, too-- but when I looked again, they were out. Then, this little thing was in my recommended list!

It seemed to be pretty good-- so I'm glad it checks out.

Picking out parts to build with has been fun. For a GPU, it seems like I might need to get a GTX2XXX just to actually have something. I'll swap out when the 3XXX series becomes more available, or if someone gets one that wants to sell.

The green case I originally wanted was a DarkFlash, too-- but when I looked again, they were out. Then, this little thing was in my recommended list!

It seemed to be pretty good-- so I'm glad it checks out.

Picking out parts to build with has been fun. For a GPU, it seems like I might need to get a GTX2XXX just to actually have something. I'll swap out when the 3XXX series becomes more available, or if someone gets one that wants to sell.
Like I said on Discord lmk what 3060 you want and I'll try to get one for ya. If there is a certain brand/model/size restrictions.

Like I said on Discord lmk what 3060 you want and I'll try to get one for ya. If there is a certain brand/model/size restrictions.

This would be the perfect one if you could find it :excited:. The Noctua fan I was wanting is actually a little too tall, so I'm opting for their low profile one.

Back