Fresh Start in the Civic Si World

Moser1M

Hi everyone,

Just picked up a black 2012 Si Coupe. She has 232k unmodified mi on her, but is in overall good shape, and I got a good deal (under $4k) on it because people were scared of the mileage. Since it will only be my around town commuter, fun driving, eventual Auto X/track day car, I didn't mind the mileage considering I have another vehicle and am relatively competent with a wrench.

For starters, I'll need to do:
-Deep cleaning
-Outer tie rod ends
-All 4 corner brakes
-Clutch MC and SC
-Filters and oil change
-Headlights
-Alignment and tire remount and balance.

Once all of that is done, it'll be time for another shakedown to see if anything else is weird. It runs great, and is in decent shape for the age, mileage, and care it was given. Just dirty and in need of some TLC. The clear is shot on top of the roof and trunk, but I'm not too worried about that. Might be a good opportunity to try my hands at some painting.

Previously I had a 2019 Si Sedan, but it had to go because of life's other ideas for what should consume my money. I loved that car, and always intended to get back into the Si world. With my budget I thought I might get into a decent 8th gen, but then I found this one and everything worked out. I'm looking forward to the adventures ahead, and will try my best to keep in touch with the forum.

Take care,
Moser

Welcome and congrats on finding a 9th gen. What color is it? Are the headlights just cloudy, or pics of what’s wrong with them?

I have a set of headlights that were used less than a year and have been sitting in a box. If you don't mind the fact that one has been opened as the attempted start of a retrofit, let me know if you are interested. I can probably pull a clutch master cylinder for you that only had about 65k miles on it.

I may be able to pull some other random parts. Just let me know.

Welcome and congrats on finding a 9th gen. What color is it? Are the headlights just cloudy, or pics of what’s wrong with them?
Black. They're some fancy expensive aftermarket ones, but the previous owner said they always had to go back for warranty issues, so since one side has the DRL out, and the other has the low beam out, I'm just going back to OEM.

I have a set of headlights that were used less than a year and have been sitting in a box. If you don't mind the fact that one has been opened as the attempted start of a retrofit, let me know if you are interested. I can probably pull a clutch master cylinder for you that only had about 65k miles on it.

I may be able to pull some other random parts. Just let me know.
Thanks squiggy. Are they plain OEM style headlights or aftermarket? I have some coming, but I could always return them. PM me price. CMC and CSC are already in the process of being installed from NAPA, but thanks.

Any floor mats or steering wheel in decent shape? These buttons are worn off.

Back