Official Computer Talk Thread

Phone. My wife has an iPad she always uses but I don't like the idea of having two devices.

Could have just got this AMD GPU (6600XT).. It was in my cart but I'm going to pass on it. It was $540 after taxes/shipping.

"THE BOTTOM LINE - If you can find it at MSRP and competing graphics cards' prices remain inflated, Gigabyte's Radeon RX 6600 XT Gaming OC Pro 8G will do nicely for high-refresh 1080p gaming, but a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti at or near list price is a better alternative."

@webby - I was telling @ethlar earlier that I had another PS5... but Sony Direct said "1 per household" when I was going through checkout.. After I entered my CC info and shipping.. Bastards. They did charge/pending for full amount my CC 5 times (but refunded each)...

My boss got a Xbox Series X bundle from GameStop this morning and I bought it off of him for someone.

Also Best Buy had an in-stock Xbox/PS5 drop at their stores today... Certain stores participated tho.

@webby - I was telling @ethlar earlier that I had another PS5... but Sony Direct said "1 per household" when I was going through checkout.. After I entered my CC info and shipping.. Bastards. They did charge/pending for full amount my CC 5 times (but refunded each)...

My boss got a Xbox Series X bundle from GameStop this morning and I bought it off of him for someone.
And you haven’t bought a lotto ticket yet because

@Honda-Fan working on one of you friends this morning... Dell Optiplex 7010 with Win7 - HDD failure so replacing it with SSD and imaging it with Win7

PXL_20210928_124537413.jpg

My buddy who I got an Xbox Series X for (well my boss scored it and then sold it to my buddy for MSRP) decided he wanted to get a PC for the new (remastered) Diablo II... This guy was anti-PC and always talking **** to us PC Gamers lol

Well.... on Sunday he dropped $2200 for a PowerSpec (MicroCenter brand) PC.. :eek:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
32GB DDR4-3200 RAM
2TB SSD
CoolerMaster AIO CPU Cooler

He actually lucked out since MicroCenter builds these PC's with the parts they have in stock.. Well they didn't have any RTX 3070's in stock so they put a 3070Ti in there! Score

He came over to my house on Sunday since I had some spare 120mm fans for him since the PC only came with 2 fans.

Of course it has RGB... :rolleyes:
That WiFi dongle tho.... :eek:
Looks like a bigger Xbox Series X :hiding:

Oh, that's my Windows install USB drive -- the board has Wifi on it :)

I got the case before I scored both consoles, so originally it was going to be my Xbox/PS5 replacement lol...

I got it for the shape and RGB.

Back