Who makes the 9th gen headlights for Honda (OE headlights)?

JohnEnglish

I'm looking to buy a set of headlights so I can have projectors retrofitted without any down time. Does anyone know if we can buy OE headlights (headlights made by the official supplier to Honda but without the Honda logo or markup)?

Probably not. You can look at Depo lamps and they have a really good AM lamp that will be a good fit. Mounting locations and stuff will be very close

I’ve talked to lighting manufacturers about this before, and they cannot sell to the public due to their contracts with Honda. I know they’ve used Stanley lighting for a bunch of cars in the past. I’ve not looked at the 9th gen civic, but it’s prob Stanley. They won’t sell parts or full headlights to you. I’ve talked to them.

Interesting, thanks. I know with European cars (Audi, BMW, and Mercedes) you can buy the headlights and taillights that are made by the official supplier but without the brand’s logos and part numbers for like 1/2 the price or less.

Places that sell them will differentiate between OEM (with the logo) and OE (official supplier but not logos).

Interesting, thanks. I know with European cars (Audi, BMW, and Mercedes) you can buy the headlights and taillights that are made by the official supplier but without the brand’s logos and part numbers for like 1/2 the price or less.

Places that sell them will differentiate between OEM (with the logo) and OE (official supplier but not logos).
It can’t hurt to ask, but I feel like you’ll probably get the same results as I did. I even tried to just get some random internal headlight parts, and they wouldn’t sell them. I’m rather surprised the euro car companies don’t lock their parts down with suppliers.

A lot of European suppliers go through Hella.. at least BMW and MB. Anytime we get aftermarket lamps for the European stuff they usually show up in the Hella box

It can’t hurt to ask, but I feel like you’ll probably get the same results as I did. I even tried to just get some random internal headlight parts, and they wouldn’t sell them. I’m rather surprised the euro car companies don’t lock their parts down with suppliers.
I'm sure you're right since they aren't widely advertised like Euro headlights are. It been standard practice for decades for the Euro lighting manufacturers to sell headlights and taillights without the logo or part numbers for a fraction of the price. I was surprised that this isn't standard practice with Japanese manufacturers.
A lot of European suppliers go through Hella.. at least BMW and MB. Anytime we get aftermarket lamps for the European stuff they usually show up in the Hella box
Yeah, same thing with Audi. I ordered Euro headlights and taillights for my RS7 last year and they were made by Hella. The Hella non-Audi branded lights were about 1/3 the cost of the ones with the Audi logo and part number molded into the back where no one will ever see it. They looked like they were made on the same production line as the logo and part number were just scraped off.

I'm looking to buy a set of headlights so I can have projectors retrofitted without any down time. Does anyone know if we can buy OE headlights (headlights made by the official supplier to Honda but without the Honda logo or markup)?
Hey @JohnEnglish. I bought an extra OE set for exactly that purpose but never got it done before selling the car to son Austin. They're not new but are in good condition, probably an 8/10. The top sections are excellent with no discoloration from sun damage. If Austin doesn't want them they'll be for sale once I dig them out of the attic. Assuming you don't mind used, $100 for both would be fine.

Not sure who makes the Honda product. Check with WorldPac. They carry a ton of Honda/Acura products that haven't been branded. Very competitively priced relative to OE. Identical quality. Good luck.

Japanese specs for the new CTR: 325hp, 310tq. Despite being made in Japan, specs could be toned down for the U.S. Curious to know how they're getting that extra power -- more boost, a hotter cam, less weight? But so far nobody's talking. I like the new wheel size (so many tire options with 19") and especially the wider (Michelin!) tires. For many it's going to boil down to dealer markup. Wouldn't be surprised to see +20k at first.

Back