Official Computer Talk Thread

Hey! That's not a bad dea---HEYWAITWHATTHE--- I HATE OPTIPLEX
OPTIPLEX SUCK
STOP SHOWING THEM TO ME
STOP SELLING THEM TO KIDS
OPTIPLEX IS POISONOUS TO PETS
HOW DO I KNOW? THEIR MICROCHIPS TASTE LIKE VEGEMITE

67b.jpg

I get back from vacation today and co-worker reassigns this ticket to me as it came in on Friday and he couldn't get to it before he left.

"Monitor fell off desk and needs replaced"

:think:

PXL_20221031_191735360.jpgPXL_20221031_191739317.jpgPXL_20221031_191744049.jpg

He made his million dollars in credit card rewards and got out

:rotfl: The people I knew that needed a PS5/Xbox X/GPU were dwindling. I was only getting them for friends, family, internet friends, co-workers

AMD gang 10 years ago??? I was thinking you had the i7 Intel gaming rig

AMD gang 10 years ago??? I was thinking you had the i7 Intel gaming rig

haha yeah I had AMD and Intel back in the day.

Think my 1st Intel was Core 2 Duo? Core 2 Quad?
This was my 1st AMD (Athlon II).

I don't think I've ran AMD since that until the 5800x/5600x

Work Related: I was at a site this morning fixing an issue with no connectivity on a PC. It ended up being the network cable from phone to PC that was the issue.

But as I was working on that issue a user came up to me and asking if I could look at the PC in the back. I asked what the issue was and she advised a message comes up when they restart/power the PC on. "CPU Fan Failure". :iough: The PC is still working at this time but fortunately they only use it for a few basic things so hopefully it doesn't overheat and completely fail.

So I go back there and open up the PC and notice some type of liquid was spilled in the PC as I see corrosion inside... Le Sigh :sadbanana: Checked the connection of the CPU fan and re-seated it. Same issue... fan isn't spinning and same error message.

Requested replacement PC from our Inventory Team.

Where did you see corrosion? Motherboard? At least a cpu fan is a cheap fix (as long as the corrosion isn’t on other parts)

Where did you see corrosion? Motherboard? At least a cpu fan is a cheap fix (as long as the corrosion isn’t on other parts)

Chassis. Side Panel. Motherboard. M.2 Enclosure. Top of M.2 drive.

I emailed our Inventory Team but haven't heard back from them yet. Since the PC is 8 months out of warranty they most likely will just give me a replacement PC to deploy back to the site.

Work Related: I was at a site this morning fixing an issue with no connectivity on a PC. It ended up being the network cable from phone to PC that was the issue.

But as I was working on that issue a user came up to me and asking if I could look at the PC in the back. I asked what the issue was and she advised a message comes up when they restart/power the PC on. "CPU Fan Failure". :iough: The PC is still working at this time but fortunately they only use it for a few basic things so hopefully it doesn't overheat and completely fail.

So I go back there and open up the PC and notice some type of liquid was spilled in the PC as I see corrosion inside... Le Sigh :sadbanana: Checked the connection of the CPU fan and re-seated it. Same issue... fan isn't spinning and same error message.

Requested replacement PC from our Inventory Team.

Chassis. Side Panel. Motherboard. M.2 Enclosure. Top of M.2 drive.

I emailed our Inventory Team but haven't heard back from them yet. Since the PC is 8 months out of warranty they most likely will just give me a replacement PC to deploy back to the site.

New PC is imaged/setup. Going to deliver/install at location tomorrow when customer is back in the office.

Back