Official Computer Talk Thread

No. Just cheap people like me. I can get gigabit.

:high5: Cheap FTW :bananasplit:

I was upgraded to gigabit service... I didn't ask or pay for it (well I'm sure down the road somehow I'll be paying for it lol). But my modem can only support up to around 550Mbps/600Mbps.. I'm too cheap to replace the modem since nothing is wrong with it. PLUS we have "voice" service so I need a different VoIP modem...

Funny. I've got a story. A few of my friends and I used to live in a house for a brief time. One night we went to a small bar and on the way back another bar was doing a wet t shirt contest and they were standing outside trying to get people to come in. We told them no thanks and went home to play command and conquer together.

I swear we are cool guys.

Edit. Side note. Getting 240mb/s internet tomorrow!!

This is akin to Woolie turning down a threesome to go pick up his Marvel vs. Capcom preorder.

Funny. I've got a story. A few of my friends and I used to live in a house for a brief time. One night we went to a small bar and on the way back another bar was doing a wet t shirt contest and they were standing outside trying to get people to come in. We told them no thanks and went home to play command and conquer together.

I swear we are cool guys.

Edit. Side note. Getting 240mb/s internet tomorrow!!

Sorry but bewbz > video game....

Glad it’s going to good use and not just going to be collecting dust.

Glad it’s going to good use and not just going to be collecting dust.
I was going to build something but still have my old 4th Gen i7 setup collecting dust w/ your GTX 1080.

I want to move it from the Fractal Design Define R5 case to NZXT 510 that I got from a buddy for free.

https://nzxt.com/product/h510

I was going to build something but still have my old 4th Gen i7 setup collecting dust w/ your GTX 1080.

I want to move it from the Fractal Design Define R5 case to NZXT 510 that I got from a buddy for free.

https://nzxt.com/product/h510

As long as you don't put it in an Optiplex, I won't have to have a nervous breakdown at work.

Can we add Latitude and Precision laptops to the Optiplex list? Or are Optiplexes just a whole different category?

Can we add Latitude and Precision laptops to the Optiplex list? Or are Optiplexes just a whole different category?

OF COURSE! I CAN'T STAND ANY OF THOSE!

help-me-send-help.gif

Helped a buddy upgrade his RTX 3070 to an RTX 3080Ti :hiding:

Back during the pandemic I got him a Zotac RTX 3070 to replace the GTX 1660 Super that came with his PowerSpec (Microcenter) Prebuilt. He saw the EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 on FB Marketplace listed for $575 and low-balled (I told him not to) the guy with a $400 offer.. The dude stopped responding and might have blocked him..

My buddy and I were talking about it and I told him for $450 it's still a great deal. He said send the guy a message and see what he says.. The guy said sure and met me at the local police station to do the deal.

:woot:

1687404381552.png

1687404394028.png

1687404406579.png

Did he have to get a new mobo or psu when you got him the 3070? I haven't followed how much of a jump you can go these days, but that seems like a jump if it didn't require any other upgrades.

Did he have to get a new mobo or psu when you got him the 3070? I haven't followed how much of a jump you can go these days, but that seems like a jump if it didn't require any other upgrades.

He didn't need a new mobo when he got the 3070 but I believe he was worried about the PSU (believe it was 650 - not 100% sure) so he went from whatever he had in there to a 1000w PSU.

If he had around an 800-850w PSU then he wouldn't have needed to upgrade the PSU to go from 3070 -> 3080Ti

If he can sell his 3070 (it's white so they get more $$) for $300 or so then spending the $150 extra for a 3080Ti was WORTH it.

@webby (and anyone else that follows Tech YouTube Channels) - Have you watched the Linus Tech Tips drama? Gamers Nexus called them out.

Someone from another forum I'm on said this TLDR below.

"TLDR is Linus seems to have zero journalistic integrity and there's no semblance of proper QC at a company of 100+ employees. All they care about is pumping out as many videos as possible as quickly as possible, seemingly without caring about how they are misleading consumers and damaging brands reputations by being as careless as they are."

Back