Official Computer Talk Thread

What? Shameless sponsor segways and everything?

I saw things pop up on my YouTube feed but I haven’t watched.

Have you watched the Linus Tech Tips drama
I haven't seen it yet, but I've been hearing about a lot of drama. I will check out the vids maybe late tonight. I'm slightly curious as to what went down

I watched some small parts of what's going on and all I can think about is how gamer nexus views that are usually around 200k to 300 are now in the millions. They did a good job making money.

I watched some small parts of what's going on and all I can think about is how gamer nexus views that are usually around 200k to 300 are now in the millions. They did a good job making money.

Yeah Steve and his group have definitely improved the channel over the years.

Yeah Steve and his group have definitely improved the channel over the years.
Now Linus has another problem with a former employee?
Not a good week for him. I remember seeing her in a couple videos. Don't pay attention enough to notice she quit 2 years ago though.

Now Linus has another problem with a former employee?
Not a good week for him. I remember seeing her in a couple videos. Don't pay attention enough to notice she quit 2 years ago though.
Yup... I forgot to post about that here. Did you hear the audio?

So some lady left their company and said she was sexually harassed? The audio is making it seem like their are covering their butts?

Linus sounded pretty unconcerned in that phone call. If it was just a hostile environment and people were overworked and looking out for only themselves, that’s one thing. I’ve known plenty of people complain they’re overworked and quit.

If there were changing expectations or promises made verbally about additional benefits, that unfortunately happens, which is why you need to get that verbal crap in writing.

However, if her allegations of people asking her about her sex life, innuendos, touching, etc. the meeting with Linus falls far short of expectations to dealing with that situation. That’s actually something that can be held against them as a company.

Especially with the comment about “you gonna dance on that table?” And then everyone laughing. Goes to show they don’t really care about sexual harassment in the company.

I couldn't watch that video. Audio is awful. Still too much drama for my adult *** to care about.
I gotta move to Costa Rica.

I cannot get over the last video. Let's throw in bad humor and sponsor jokes in an "apology video"? I honestly thought it was mocking something from theonion initially. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't come across sincere. The way it was so blatantly read off a prompter like a robot didn't help. I don't know who was in charge of writing each of those segments, but I'm personally not a fan.

the sexual harassment stuff is another level

Yeah I watched it... No one is talking about it anymore. People (on Reddit/forums) have moved on I guess :-/
so what was your reaction? I like how his "plan video" talked about the HR team, how amazing the pay structure was, & how they had screen captures of the health/dental/vision plans with deductible info. Why is he talking about turnover rates across all businesses and stuff in a video about how they're going to improve their process to fact check videos before they go out inaccurate? So many parts had me scratching my head

Back