civic si lowering springs.

Thank you all for the kind words...at the end of the day it is just a car and it is replaceable (possibly with a Si sedan), I'm just greatful my 2 yr old son wasn't in the car with me, I think he liked it more than me.

Not Long Island, just a rainy day in Houston, TX

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

I'm so glad you're ok though. If it's any consolation (and I know that it's not) I can totally sympathize. Back in June a 17 year old girl driving her dad's Mustang GT plowed into the driver side door of my 06 Si. I was doing 50mph and she was doing 45. The cop said if it hadn't been for the seat and side curtain airbags I'd probably be dead. Sorry about that threadjack, but like I said, I'm sympathetic to your plight, and extremely glad you're ok.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that you're alright. I hope insurance gets everything sorted out quickly and favorably. I look forward to seeing pics of your new civic.

Ouch! Just looking at those pics made me sad... glad to hear you're alright though. Aleve does wonders for aches and pains if you're still feeling it. Hopefully insurance is speedy and you'll get a new ride sooner rather than later!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Alaina, and I am with Road Magnet. I would like to start out by saying, that in NO WAY am I on here to sell any products. I am just here to reach out to everyone on this forum, and answer any questions (to the best of my ability) that you may have about the Road Magnet Lowering Springs for the 9th Gen Civics. Road Magnet Lowering Springs are currently on the market for the 9th gen Civics. The interesting thing about the suspension on these models is that there are actually 4 individually different springs for this vehicle. The right side of the car (front and rear) actually use "right handed" (the direction the in which the spring is coiled) springs, and the left front and rear are "left handed" springs. This differs from any previous gen Civics, making it a little more difficult to use 8th gen springs on the 9th gen Civics without running into ride quality problems, fitment issues, etc.

Road Magnet Springs were featured on the Fox Marketing Honda Civic Si Coupe in the Honda Booth at this year's 2011 SEMA Show. So far, there has been only the highest praise on ride quality and handling.

In the meantime, feel free to check out Road Magnet's website at www.roadmagnet.com & the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RoadMagnet

All of Road Magnet's Springs are manufactured from coil to powder coat in their facility in the USA, and come with a 100% guarantee. If anyone on this forum has any questions, do not hesitate to contact me!! You may contact me through the forum or email me at alaina@roadmagnet.com

Thank you all very much for considering Road Magnet Lowering Springs for your 9th Gen Civics!​

Thank you for the phone call Alaina, though it looks like I won't need to return the springs.

I went by the dealer last night simply to get some paperwork from my totaled civic and the dealer was convinced that it wouldn't matter to American Honda Finance that my other loan hasn't been paid off yet because they have been informed by the insurance that the car was a total loss, so I went ahead and replaced my coupe with the exact same thing, white Si coupe with Nav, only difference is my replacement was tinted by the dealer (for free). And they knocked off $1500 to make up for the taxes I had to pay this time since I didn't have a trade in.

As soon as the rain stops I'll pick it up this afternoon but I'm still not confident Honda finance will sign off on the loan until they get paid off on my other loan, as of right now I owe them close to $50,000. As soon as a few business days have gone by and I still have the car I'll get the springs installed and post some pics.

Oh yea I know I said I was strongly considering a sedan but they don't even offer a body kit from the factory for it, that was one thing I was going to do at the dealer but it's not even an option, coupe it is...

glad to hear you're getting a replacement. Hopefully the process goes smooth

she's in my possession, safe in bed with 13 miles on her, since I still have the rental. Now I expect to hear from AHF saying "what the hell are you thinking?"

835bc981.jpg

kind of a weird story...I know they're about to sell my wrecked one already, a guy I called about a suspiciously cheap used 2012 Si sent me a text last night (3 days after I talked to him) that said "look familiar?" and had the pic below of my old civic...he recognized it from the story I told him about it, it's not officially on the auction block yet but it's sitting and waiting and they're letting people check it out...though I still have all 3 keys :)

he said he's surprised it was totaled and it looks like an easy fix...can you imagine getting that car back after it's "fixed"?

I guess I should be greatful they totaled it?...
8a2866e0.jpg

it would def take some work to get that back up and going. If/when they resell it, ...it'll have a salvage title.

Thanks Eddie...well I think I would have heard from them today if the financing was denied so it looks like it won't be too long at all before you get to see the springs installed, won't exactly be slammed but definitely improved. The slammed pics won't come until coilovers :)

@ Winnn420- So glad to see you picked up the new Civic! My techs (who are both big Honda guys) were heartbroken for you and keep asking if you had posted here about a new car yet! They will be so relieved! Can't wait to see it lowered!

Thanks Eddie...well I think I would have heard from them today if the financing was denied so it looks like it won't be too long at all before you get to see the springs installed, won't exactly be slammed but definitely improved. The slammed pics won't come until coilovers :)
Congrats...about slamming good luck it might be hard since the body sits so high stock, not sure if you seen my pics, but even slammed the car still sits a lil high. I dont mind it, but for those wanting to slam it might be an issue lol

Nah it's my dd so slammed unfortunately isn't very practical..with coilovers I will drop it as low it will go at least once just cuz, but I can't keep it that way with Houston roads.

On a VERY positive note...progressive has agreed to pay off my loan in full after completing their 2nd vehicle comparison, I actually get $100 check out of it :)...the new car is officially mine, installing springs tomorrow!!

Thanks bro, the reason it's such good news is their first offer was $2,400 less than my loan payoff amount and they wouldn't budge on it. They wanted to pay the exact book value of the car and stick me with the balance but when I looked at the comparison of 8 other civics that they used to determine value, there was only one other 2012 Si on the comparison list (the other 7 were LX's & EX's which obviously wasn't a good comparison) simply because they couldn't find any Si's for sale to compare.

I'm excited, leaving my house in about an hour to run by the shop and get these damn springs installed!

Back