Progress Civic SI Rear Sway Bar...Coming?

LOL i will wait for the progress looking for something a little thicker than the Eibach plus i am leaving eibach out of the equation on my suspension setup..No Diy Needed i have done plenty of sway bar installs in my day (only 4 LOL):thumbsup:

sorry, just didn't know if you knew the option was out there

fyi the 2006-11 Civic rear swaybar works on the 2012 Civic Si fine. The 2012 Civic non-Si has some different bracketing; so the only way to make it work it to get the Si rear L bracket and hardware...then it will work fine. fyi the Progress bar is on national backorder btw.... we have like 8 of them on b/o already. don't wait. :)

Chris

fyi the 2006-11 Civic rear swaybar works on the 2012 Civic Si fine. The 2012 Civic non-Si has some different bracketing; so the only way to make it work it to get the Si rear L bracket and hardware...then it will work fine. fyi the Progress bar is on national backorder btw.... we have like 8 of them on b/o already. don't wait. :)

Chris
I figured the bar would fit only question was the reinforcement plate and if diameter made any clearance difference over the eibach...

Well i broke down today and ordered the 8th progress 22mm from chris at redshift today to tighten it up for autox (rear sways are no legal in Stock) hopefully it is not going to kill me with snap oversteer seeing as it is a much larger increase over the 8th's 17mm RSB with a 28mm front vs 15mm R and only 18mm front bars on the 9th it will be over a 200% increase from stock.Kind of second guessing installing now Car is also a big daily driver over several mountain highway's with idiots braking through turns abruptly LOL **** And nobody has done it and posted experiences yet so no feedback

Kind of hesitant LOL I am use to about a 70% increase on my subies with no real lift off oversteer. For autoX it will be great but may give me problems in the real world where i do tend to push the car on off ramps and in the mountains

so you're debating on returning it? What are your options... test to see what you think of it, or return it?

No returns :D I will install and test hopefully next weekend and then decide if it will kill me LOL

Who knows though the chassis must be much stiffer on the 9th's most obvious with the drastic differences in FSB sizes maybe it will just take it to the neutral point with no bad street habits but it is a bigger step up in stiffness in the difference between size than it is on the 8th's

well, I'm looking forward to seeing your results... don't kill yourself

don't forget the change in front swaybar mounting point on the strut... maybe the smaller bar is more effective because of that. I've never measured it, but I would be surprised if Honda changed the front rollbar effectiveness that much between the 06 and the 12.... but maybe they did.

Anyway, I highly doubt the bigger rear bar will make the car dangerous at normal road speeds (less than 65 mph). At higher than legal speeds though, you will probably have to be more careful.

Chris

Yep only testing will tell. The mounting change on the FSB could have something to do with it but with such a drastic change the chassis must be more ridged in the front to.

Alright well i got a call back from progress today and i was told by the girl that called me that to her knowledge they had test fitted an 8th gen RSB and ran into clearance issues (she did not exactly say in what location) and development has ceased due to the fact that they need a car for a week for R&D and they are looking for someone to loan their car (She said i could post that up so i will post a thread in the general section) Interesting....

Back