review of injen cai and tsudo 70mm catback

thevietkid33

idk if any of you have been following my build thread but i recently installed my injen cai and tsudo catback. first impressions this car pulls so much more! build quality is amazing on the both of them. fitment was perfect and installs were simple. intake was pretty loud on its own, but paired with the exhaust, the car is ridiculously loud. its not a ricey loud but loud enough for people to know that your coming down the street. ill try to get a video how the pair sound but i dont have a really good camera :( if anyone in the philly area wants to video tape for me ill be more than glad to meet up. well if anyone has any questions just lmk. here are some pics.(disregard the dirty engine bay)
2012-08-16_195809-1.jpg

2012-08-18_180333.jpg

much difference in how loud/quiet it is with the resonator on/off?

much difference in how loud/quiet it is with the resonator on/off?
you mean the silencer? if yes then yeah its a world of difference, but it makes a rattling sound because the silencer hits up against the muffler. so i decided to just take it out. its actually not too bad now since its breaking in, seems like it got a little quieter.

How much harder does it pull? Custom tune? I thought I read somewhere that the stock tune will adjust back to factory power output so that's why I'm curious. Don't know if I really believe that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

enough to actually tell a differance in power. its hard to explain how much faster. i definitely need to get it dynoed.

how long before you decided to modify your new car? is the warranty still safe? what were your reasons of having it upgraded right away?:)

you mean the silencer? if yes then yeah its a world of difference, but it makes a rattling sound because the silencer hits up against the muffler. so i decided to just take it out. its actually not too bad now since its breaking in, seems like it got a little quieter.
sorry yes... I meant to write silencer.

welcome mark - warranty work would not apply to exhaust parts he replaced. If there would be some type of recall or whatever on the stock exhaust, it would be up to him to decide if he wanted to put the stock one back on to have it serviced.

sorry yes... I meant to write silencer.

welcome mark - warranty work would not apply to exhaust parts he replaced. If there would be some type of recall or whatever on the stock exhaust, it would be up to him to decide if he wanted to put the stock one back on to have it serviced.

thanks sir for the reply. oh, i see. whether it is an axle back or cat back? what about headers and intakes? i am planning to modify mine that is why i am reading a lot of stuff regarding this? i am still convincing myself that it is alright to modify it even though it is still really baby(new).. :)

Items that you replace/change are going to have an effect on warranty. Change your suspension out with aftermarket springs and blow a stock shock out.... that's not going to be covered by warranty. You aren't losing your entire car warranty over aftermarket parts. Installing something like a turbo/supercharger is going to kill your engine warranty. It's not going to alter a warranty tied to...say your seat belt malfunctioning or something like that. Hope that makes sense

how long before you decided to modify your new car? is the warranty still safe? what were your reasons of having it upgraded right away?:)
i mod all the cars i own, its just something like to do. i like going faster, handle better, and look nicer. and for the warranty question like webby stated they cant void the warranty unless the the mod you did is the reason behind it.

ok,
Items that you replace/change are going to have an effect on warranty. Change your suspension out with aftermarket springs and blow a stock shock out.... that's not going to be covered by warranty. You aren't losing your entire car warranty over aftermarket parts. Installing something like a turbo/supercharger is going to kill your engine warranty. It's not going to alter a warranty tied to...say your seat belt malfunctioning or something like that. Hope that makes sense[/quote

ok sir! make sense! if you were my friend and i am thinking of modifying it even with just few mileage on it, how would you convince me? what are the chances of messing the car up? does it happen at all? thanks!

i mod all the cars i own, its just something like to do. i like going faster, handle better, and look nicer. and for the warranty question like webby stated they cant void the warranty unless the the mod you did is the reason behind it.

ok sir! do you do it yourself? what are the basics of modifying a car, i mean the abc's? thanks!

ok sir! do you do it yourself? what are the basics of modifying a car, i mean the abc's? thanks!
different brand of exhaust, but it'd be basically identical on installation - step by step diy below
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/f...n-on-si-sedan-56k-3g-beware-many-photos.5173/

If you're interested in doing stuff yourself, check out the DIY forum for specific stuff. A lot of mods have tutorials done by users
http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/do-it-yourself-articles.67/

different brand of exhaust, but it'd be basically identical on installation - step by step diy below
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/f...n-on-si-sedan-56k-3g-beware-many-photos.5173/

If you're interested in doing stuff yourself, check out the DIY forum for specific stuff. A lot of mods have tutorials done by users
http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/do-it-yourself-articles.67/

alrighty sir! great! do you know any shop nearby dallas or austin or san antonio who installs such? thanks!

I don't, but any muffler shop should be willing to install it. There isn't any custom work that needs done to even install it. It's just a matter of them unbolting the oem and bolting up the new. Call around to some muffler shops and see if you can get a quote.

edit - also any mechanic/shop would surely do the install

I don't, but any muffler shop should be willing to install it. There isn't any custom work that needs done to even install it. It's just a matter of them unbolting the oem and bolting up the new. Call around to some muffler shops and see if you can get a quote.

edit - also any mechanic/shop would surely do the install

thanks sir! what brand do you recommend?

Yeah it sucks not having a good camera. The iPhone just don't do the pair justice. I have the same set up and love it and now that it's all broke it sounds great and not ridiculously loud like it did when I first had it installed.

Back