Vibration during idle?

Bumping old thread.. Im having this problem but I noticed it started after I put premium gas in my si, I always used regular since day 1... the car has 11,000 miles but last week I decided to put premium since its "recommend" for the si and I noticed that at idle the car shakes... that never happened to me before when I was on regular gas... im going to finish up the primium and fill it up with regular again.. if it continues I will go to the dealership... do you all think thats the problem?

Bumping old thread.. Im having this problem but I noticed it started after I put premium gas in my si, I always used regular since day 1... the car has 11,000 miles but last week I decided to put premium since its "recommend" for the si and I noticed that at idle the car shakes... that never happened to me before when I was on regular gas... im going to finish up the primium and fill it up with regular again.. if it continues I will go to the dealership... do you all think thats the problem?

DO NOT put anything other than premium in it. Why would you buy a performance car that says to use premium and put regular in it? It saves you a whole $3 at every fill up.

To quote the owner's manual:

Unleaded gasoline with a PON of 91 or higher is recommended.
If premium unleaded gasoline with a PON of 91 or higher is not
available, you can temporarily use the gasoline with a PON of
87 or higher.
This will result in decreased engine performance, and can cause
occasional metallic knocking noise in the engine.

As far as the vibration, it could be any number of things and I would take it to the dealership since you are under warranty.

Ok im not worried about the gas price.. I was just told use regular gas by the sales person :confused: and like I said this started happening right after I used premium.. maybe the car has to get used to it since I always used regular? And yeah I think im going to do that...

I went to three honda dealerships here in Toronto. They all told me that regular gas had to be used as well. Fortunately I did my research and saw that the SI should take premium. I'm amazed by how many honda sales ppl are saying that regular had to be used. When I told the sales person that it only takes premium, he told me I was wrong!! I can't believe how these ppl can sell us cars.

Back