freddi's build thread!! finally lol.

Hi guys. So less than 4 months with new battery n it's fried too. I'm at 40000 so new vehicle warranty expired right. Which covers new battery. But I'm like since it was replaced shouldn't it have it's own new warranty. But they r checking the alternator next week but they r not sure if it will be covered. I know power train warranty is 60k. Is alternator part of that? Also if it's not, since I came in three times for battery issues before it was replaced doesn't that mean it's a documented issue and so the new alternator should be covered since they failed to check the alternator?? I'm frustrated. When the battery started womp womping on start up last week I was like here we go again. N sure enough yesterday I needed a jump twice. I didn't even think that I'd have to ever be paying for this out Of pocket since car isn't even 2 years old. I was even going to get a battery charger since I figured maybe there's nothing wrong but I decided to go get it checked anyway. Also my check airbag system light has been coming on all week since Sunday on the imid. Yay. I'm sick n stressed n have finals my bday next week. Any advice would be lovely. I probably will end up emailing honda of America if plaza doesn't handle this right.

Sorry youre having so many problems Freddiii.... It sounds like the alternator to me....I would make sure to get someone to check that. If its not charging your battery + the cold weather= dead battery quickly. Maybe low battery is also causing airbag light to come on.

A reasonable dealership should be sympathetic to your situation Freddi. You shoud have everything covered. If they try to charge you, be strong. Ask for the manager....and if he says no then ask for the nest higher up manager. Keep going up the ladder until someone listens to you.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have any expense since you've been in there before for the same thing. Your battery will have its own warranty as well. You'll be good. Just sorry to see you're having so many issues.

So alternator bad. Dealer wants to tell me how my car is no longer under warranty for 4000 miles. I say well I came in for this problem many times long before warranty expired so it's not my fault u guys now decided to test the alternator so honda has to pay. They like no. So I asked for someone higher up to speak to. I'm waiting for their call. They better not dare charge me overnight storage for my car either. I'm not giving in I will email honda of America and open a case if necessary. It don't matter if it's 3 years later out of warranty if the issue is linked to a prior complaint and they now realize it, it should still be covered right?

Update. Dealer will pay for alternator. I just have to pay for labor. Not what I wanted but not bad.

Update. Dealer will pay for alternator. I just have to pay for labor. Not what I wanted but not bad.
I wouldn't accept that, but I understand. Fighting for free labor means another 2 or 3 phone calls up the ladder. You will get it once you get to Honda head office.

I wouldn't accept that, but I understand. Fighting for free labor means another 2 or 3 phone calls up the ladder. You will get it once you get to Honda head office.

I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow. I didn't want to be a ***** tho.

I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow. I didn't want to be a ***** tho.
No such thing. It's just business. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Unfortunately, nowadays nobody offers a free lube.........wait a minute that didn't sound right.

I'd say you should have free labor. I know someone who had their odyssey transmission go about 5k miles after the warranty. They had it replaced for free... including labor. That was without having a single transmission dealership visit prior to replacement. You have numerous visits for this same issue documented. They should have tested it prior to this visit. That isn't your fault. Get it covered.

meve5uba.jpg

What are we looking at freddii? New radio station or just mileage proof?

Back