freddi's build thread!! finally lol.

so i installed the drop in filter today, n i had the ignition off but playing music for bout 15 min. i stated it in another thread but, anywho, car didnt want to start after. i jumped it n made an appt with honda, gonna take care of that squeaky clutch too. got the battery tested at auto zone n they said its no good. le sigh. i swear honda better not bullshit me 2morrow cuz im female, i kno a bad battery since i had 2 change out mine in my 03 4runner, but that was after 5 years, it made sense. i shouldve been got this done tho. shame on me. the car has been womp womping before starting everytime i get in. dunno where honda got my battery from. hopefully its just the battery n not due to bad alternator.

It's dead again. Grrrr. No one here to jump me I'm face in, in my driveway.

I've read a lot about the average batteries that are in the market now days(read China), and the life of these are not as good as they use to be.
To help them out is to do full charges on all batt's on a regular bases. They have on dash solar chargers for peeps that can't plug into a wall socket. These solars just plug into your lighter type power socket in the car. It prevents the sulfur stuff from forming on the plates(as quickly) and getting build up, you don't want the plates to touch each other, or they'll start killing cells.

If you can't get a free or partial replacement on those batteries, you might as well get them from Costco. I bought mine for $60 ($70 for the battery and $10 refund for the dead/bad battery). It comes with a 36 month free replacement warranty and 100 month partial credit warranty.

You're probably the 8th person who has posted about having a dead battery replaced on their 9th gen. Every one of them received a free replacement, but that doesn't help the situation you were in

hi guys! Honda finallly replaced my battery today! Yay! This after it died for no reason, on Sunday, Wed and Thurs. On Sun, Wed, was after I jus shut it off for 5 min, cme back n it was dead. And Thurs, after going to class n such, return, no juice. Sigh. Sooooo, I know this is a Honda Civic forum n such, lol, but my brothers car is knocking, like drivers side, I have heard of engine knock, I'm thinking this is what that is. Its a 12 Hyundai Veloster. Got about 5600 miles on it. This car is an epic fail IMO, cuz we r in the dealer every other week for the speakers which constantly stop workn.... but what causes engine knock?? Its like random, when decelerating n idle. not when accelerating or shifting.

I've watched those vids n his doesn't sound like that. It's more random. And I guess it's the fuel but he's used all the 87 that was in there it's 93 that's left. It doesn't seem fuel related to me.

l5GqNEz.jpg

if the turbo was designed to run 87, the base should be fine on 87. If it's something you guys keep hearing, I'd definitely take it to the dealer.

Yea he's going in for his speakers again. Which they also said they've been having issues with other cars. So I told him to mention it.

Back