Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Hawaii/Honolulu area
Insanely expensive. Groceries, utilities, everything is just way more expensive. A gallon of milk is like $8.

Scroll down and look at some of the expenses. $5k in monthly expenses without rent.

IMG_0678.jpeg

Apparently there are lots of Chrysler dealerships looking for techs in Hawaii/Honolulu area and pay up to $60 an hour flat rate. Wife wants to move somewhere that never gets cold ( at least not Canada cold ).
FL and TX never get Canada cold. LOL

Where does it say milk is $8? Everything is in Canadian for me and says $2 cad for a liter. Which is cheap. I'm paying $6ish.
Oh sorry. I didn’t think about it showing prices in CAD. I guess that makes sense. It is showing $7.70 USD a gallon currently on the first line item. I also didn’t think about yours being in liters. So milk for you is $6 CAD a liter where you live?

IMG_0679.jpeg

Looks like Seattle prices. Been paying $6-8 for gallon of milk for a while. $4-6 for eggs. $8 for an lb of ground beef and $7/lb for chicken

Looks like Seattle prices. Been paying $6-8 for gallon of milk for a while. $4-6 for eggs. $8 for an lb of ground beef and $7/lb for chicken

Shew... I get my milk ($1.89 for 1/2 gallon) and eggs (under $2/dozen) at Aldi

I feel like I've been paying $2.99/gallon for the last 10+ yrs at basically every grocery store. It's the one thing I feel like hasn't changed in price like every other grocery item.

Hey foo - do you have many options at all for groceries around you, or is it like higher end stores like whole foods or whatever?

It's $7 for 4 liters. Which is just over a gallon. We buy 2 liter cartons for like $5 cad.

wow. was it that high when you lived at your previous location in canada?

I feel like I've been paying $2.99/gallon for the last 10+ yrs at basically every grocery store. It's the one thing I feel like hasn't changed in price like every other grocery item.

Hey foo - do you have many options at all for groceries around you, or is it like higher end stores like whole foods or whatever?
We have Safeway, QFC, Haggen’s, Fred Meyer, and other higher end places we can go to. Can go a few towns away to hit a Wal-Mart, but it’s in a really bad spot subject to lots of property crime (think cars broken into).

All of those stores are subject to this Albertson’s/Kroger merger that’s being talked about. Half a dozen grocery stores here would be impacted as of today, with most of the ones we go to being on the chopping block.

WA also adopts the dumbest regulations. They did the whole free range egg thing like California and egg prices went up 50% overnight.

Milk in bags? :think: :confuzzled:
tumblr_lb6uklx6At1qb1aqx.jpg

Back