Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Morning

200.gif

Pffffff

Nope!

not directly, we had a few things acting up, hospital across the street had more problems

We got ******. Personally I had to touch over 100+ PC's and that's just the Public Safety PC's (Police/Fire). Monday we will finish the Public Safety PC's then move to the other agencies... :rolleyes:

This fix involves booting the system into Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt, entering the BitLocker key, and entering the following

2. Open Command Prompt
- In the Windows Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot.
- Then select Advanced options.
- Choose Command Prompt. This will open a command line window, usually starting with a temporary drive letter like X:.

3. Navigate to the Correct Drive and Folder
- Type `C:` and press Enter to switch to the C: drive.
- Next, type `cd \Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike` and press Enter to navigate to the CrowdStrike folder.

4. Delete the Problematic File
- In the command prompt, type `del C-00000291*.sys` and press Enter. This command will delete the file that starts with “C-00000291” and ends with “.sys”.

5. Boot Normally
- Close the Command Prompt window.
- Restart your computer normally.

We got ******. Personally I had to touch over 100+ PC's and that's just the Public Safety PC's (Police/Fire). Monday we will finish the Public Safety PC's then move to the other agencies... :rolleyes:

This fix involves booting the system into Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt, entering the BitLocker key, and entering the following

2. Open Command Prompt
- In the Windows Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot.
- Then select Advanced options.
- Choose Command Prompt. This will open a command line window, usually starting with a temporary drive letter like X:.

3. Navigate to the Correct Drive and Folder
- Type `C:` and press Enter to switch to the C: drive.
- Next, type `cd \Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike` and press Enter to navigate to the CrowdStrike folder.

4. Delete the Problematic File
- In the command prompt, type `del C-00000291*.sys` and press Enter. This command will delete the file that starts with “C-00000291” and ends with “.sys”.

5. Boot Normally
- Close the Command Prompt window.
- Restart your computer normally.

That sounds miserable, for me i mostly got to tell people "i warned you we needed a plan for when that goes offline like 4 years ago"

Random question, but has anyone ever swapped out their factory stereo for one of the aftermarket touchscreens that have some modern features (wireless CarPlay and backup camera being the ones I'm kinda looking for)? I'm sure it's been done, just that I didn't find what I was looking for in reviews/searches.
1721581956370.png
Back story is, I saw this unit pop up on fb MarketPlace. I messaged the guy to ask some questions but he was useless. So, I got to searching on Amazon for a similar piece and found prices and descriptions of all kinds with little to no consistency or recognizable brands. I wouldn't mind adding some of that to my 2012 Civic (backup cameras weren't added until 2013, and I don't think CarPlay was offered until 2016; wireless CarPlay wasn't until 2021, I think). But, these things look sketchy; only reasonable review I found was that it wasn't as loud as the stock unit.

Here are a few other listings:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Back