Financial - Retirement - Stock Advice Thread

42,168.68 as of now.

I'm sure it will continue to rise. It's an election year. Lowering gas prices and stocks going up...
42,600 is a range trading target likely to be tested but other resistance levels extend up to 42,769 or even 42,953. But keep an eye on the Dow Transports... they're struggling and often lead. They look very tired. Of course I could say the same of the Nazz.

Hope things are going well Jeff. Cheers!

42,600 is a range trading target likely to be tested but other resistance levels extend up to 42,769 or even 42,953. But keep an eye on the Dow Transports... they're struggling and often lead. They look very tired. Of course I could say the same of the Nazz.

BRUCE! Long time no see

BRUCE! Long time no see
Hey Web... what's shakin'. Nice to see some familiar names... is this still the place where gearheads hang?

I’m dumping tomorrow. Good run and taking the gains earned over the last few years to put into CDs for a while to let things cool off. Market is overvalued right now and they’re hitting the crack pipe of lower interest rates.

Berkshire has 276 Billion of cash on hand, because they think the market is going to reset.

Berkshire has 276 Billion of cash on hand, because they think the market is going to reset.
Think they can donate a measly 1 million into my bank account? I'm sure they won't miss it....

Yeah. My bad. Dumped off a quarter mil yesterday helping contribute to your losses. My work also screwing the market today, so double foo whammy.

Yeah. CD rates still pushing 5% for near term (6-11 months). Threw some money into a mix of bonds as well. I only converted about 25% invested assets after having some discussions with my FA.

Yea, I’m sure once the election hits things will prob go haywire, because regardless of the outcome it’ll likely be chaos. I feel like we could be seeing a lot of swings in the coming weeks+

Yea, I’m sure once the election hits things will prob go haywire, because regardless of the outcome it’ll likely be chaos. I feel like we could be seeing a lot of swings in the coming weeks+
Exactly my reasoning. For some reason or another, we can’t sustain 25-30% growth annually. Election years are typically good but the year after isn’t so good.

Everything points to the economy being propped up and regardless of who gets elected, we should prepare for that recession that’s been on every analyst’s tongue since mid-2022.

Back