Financial - Retirement - Stock Advice Thread

Well. Our gic matured last week. Just had a meeting and reinvested in gics for another years. Went from 5% to 4.6%.

Renting for another year.

Still a lot better than any bank savings account. I’ve seen a few companies offer high yield savings accounts in the 4.5-5% range, which clearly blows away a normal bank savings.

Need to move our savings into one of these “high yield” ones….just need to make sure they don’t hold out money hostage and can take it out whenever we want.

74198356197__C3037E5E-E00D-4064-B560-22B636A51EE1.jpeg74198360693__FC0E51D5-9C49-40B5-AC2E-C6CDF134E7D7.jpegIMG_1637.jpegI had savings at 4.25-4.5% over the last year to 18 months. Good deal. Although, I only have $900 left after the house remodel.

One more day on kitchen left as well as one of the bathrooms.

Here’s the outcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
Baller! Love the two tone color choices. The little sink is a nice option also.

Beautiful remodel foo. Turned out great. Are the cabinets alder, or do you know what wood they are?

Is there going to be anything under the sink to hide the stuff?

Beautiful remodel foo. Turned out great. Are the cabinets alder, or do you know what wood they are?
Thanks. It’s been a journey for sure. My lady’s got a great eye being a designer.

As for cabinets - yes, they’re alder.

Baller! Love the two tone color choices. The little sink is a nice option also.
That’s my bar sink. Got a whole cabinet filled with out boozy stuff next to it with upper filled with fancy glassware. Make our cocktails and such there.

That’s my bar sink. Got a whole cabinet filled with out boozy stuff next to it with upper filled with fancy glassware. Make our cocktails and such there.
Yeah, we were going to do a sink in the bar area but didn't have the space since we wanted a set of drawers, mini fridge and place for wine bottle at the bottom. We have 3 upper cabinets with all the glassware, jugs and other stuff.

I wanted a bigger main sink with an apron like yours but the wife wanted a splits style and didn't want a "big" sink. :confuzzled:

Yeah, we were going to do a sink in the bar area but didn't have the space since we wanted a set of drawers, mini fridge and place for wine bottle at the bottom. We have 3 upper cabinets with all the glassware, jugs and other stuff.

I wanted a bigger main sink with an apron like yours but the wife wanted a splits style and didn't want a "big" sink. :confuzzled:

That’s a lot for the under counter. We have vanity drawers under the sink, so they allow for the plumbing. I wanted a wine fridge but it was just a waste of space for the size of the kitchen.

The big sink is awesome. We had a smaller sink before. This one I can put anything into it, including the grates for the range, the louvers for the exhaust fan, and large pans. Both are 10” deep and undermount. They fit anything. I’m on the fence of the beverage only faucet in the smaller sink. Almost think I should get a low rise regular faucet as we’re plumbed for hot and cold water.

That’s a lot for the under counter. We have vanity drawers under the sink, so they allow for the plumbing. I wanted a wine fridge but it was just a waste of space for the size of the kitchen.

The big sink is awesome. We had a smaller sink before. This one I can put anything into it, including the grates for the range, the louvers for the exhaust fan, and large pans. Both are 10” deep and undermount. They fit anything. I’m on the fence of the beverage only faucet in the smaller sink. Almost think I should get a low rise regular faucet as we’re plumbed for hot and cold water.
Yeah, lots of things under the counter but since we didn't have plumbing, we just filled up the space. We were thinking of having 2 mini fridges under there at one point but thought it was overkill and the builder wanted $1200 each. I told them to screw that and just leave an empty space in the middle and I would source my own mini fridge. I did at $180 and got the cabinet guy to leave me some extra moldings and stuff to create a surround around the mini-fridge. Worked out nicely for what we needed.

IMG_1743.jpegIMG_1744.jpeg

Yeah, lots of things under the counter but since we didn't have plumbing, we just filled up the space. We were thinking of having 2 mini fridges under there at one point but thought it was overkill and the builder wanted $1200 each. I told them to screw that and just leave an empty space in the middle and I would source my own mini fridge. I did at $180 and got the cabinet guy to leave me some extra moldings and stuff to create a surround around the mini-fridge. Worked out nicely for what we needed.

View attachment 67104View attachment 67105
Love it!

Back