14 civic hybrid led drl as 14 civic ex fog lights

turned out really nice. Did you wire them to an independent switch so you can turn them on independently of the main headlights?

turned out really nice. Did you wire them to an independent switch so you can turn them on independently of the main headlights?
I had an EX-L model so the fog lamps wiring was already there....but it was for H11 type bulb while the pin type for Hybrid LED DRL's is very very specific (don't know the part #, lets say X) and took one full day to search around and finally was available only at one HONDA dealer, gosh! Cut the wire from the H11 socket, tied it to the free ends of the new pin (X) & voila!
I did not want a separate switch & wanted as much OEM components as possible.

I keep the fog light switch on all the time & the position lights also I changed to blue LED type so they all jell together & since these are LED's no battery drain, touched it and feels cool even after hours of operation.

but my understanding is that the fogs do not come on independently from the low beams. Your pictures look like they're on without the headlights? Others had to wire them separately to do that.

but my understanding is that the fogs do not come on independently from the low beams. Your pictures look like they're on without the headlights? Others had to wire them separately to do that.

Might be wired differently on overseas cars?

Hi, I live in the Middle East (Dubai) & the car was bought here however it said imported from USA and in most locations, including the registration card, I can see Made in USA mentioned...not sure if they have a factory there (Detroit?)
It came with a combi switch which has a separate switch for fogs...fogs can run independently without the headlights but the position/parking lights need to be activated...
This combi switch is an OEM part & can be replaced for non-fog variants..(there is a CollegeHills Honda DIY to fit fogs with combi switch for non-fog trims)...don't think an additional switch is required if a combi switch exists...much easier & neat..

Hi all, just finished my conversion of Civic 2013 EX-L tail lights from stock to Hybrid clear type with optical fiber.
Although I had ordered the rear wiring harness, it wasn't a straight plug & play, seems the camera connector was different however the boys at the workshop came to rescue again and did an awesome job!
The guy who fitted it all is standing next to my car!! Hats off!

Pictures uploaded...it looks sooo shiny!!

Changed the emblems to JDM style too. Got it from Grafixpressions & I can vouch they look & feel 100 % genuine. Got them as a package deal for all 3 emblems including key fob!
Glad to assist anyone for any info for this DIY.

Happy DIYing!

Attachments

• Now_Front.jpg
    Now_Front.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Now_Rear_Day_LightsOff.jpg
    Now_Rear_Day_LightsOff.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 35
  • The Man.JPG
    The Man.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Now_Tail_Lid_HighMount.JPG