2007 Subaru WRX STi

Update: Wingless trunk is in worse shape than I thought... :cornmad:

The seller gave it 8/10 when listing but upon further inspection/cleaning after purchasing it (couldn't see it when purchased due to lighting - it was dark/in the sellers parents garage with meh lighting) it is not in the best condition. I knew there was a key mark (see picture below).

Older Subaru's had the word "SUBARU" on the center on the trunk. Newer Subaru's had the Subaru Emblem in the center on the trunk. This trunk had the older Subaru word in the middle of the trunk. Well whomever debadged it didn't get all the adhesive off of it and now over the years it won't come off. You can also see the letters "WRX" on the left side of the trunk.

I'm going to contact a few local body shops to see who much it would be to paint the trunk. I am also going to reach out to the seller (after I take pictures) and see what he says. I'm sure he'll say pound sand but his listing stated:

02-07 WRB Debadged Trunk, 8-10 condition, one key mark across the back you can see in picture.

54798142_2331538873795231_4701801214050828288_n.jpg

54423279_2331538907128561_6069356948996751360_n.jpg

Update: Mach V Awesome Wheels - Testing how they look with installing buddy's wheels (only drivers side)

** Yes they are gold but I don't want another gold set. Just wanted to see what they look like/design/style **

Don't mind the bird **** on the rear window. I didn't notice until after the pictures. :mad:

Mach V Awesome Wheels 17x9 +42
Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec - 245/40/17

Subaru Mach V Wheels 1.jpg Subaru Mach V Wheels 2.jpg Subaru Mach V Wheels 3.jpg

Update: Mach V Awesome Wheels - Testing how they look with installing buddy's wheels (only drivers side)

** Yes they are gold but I don't want another gold set. Just wanted to see what they look like/design/style **

Don't mind the bird **** on the rear window. I didn't notice until after the pictures. :mad:

Mach V Awesome Wheels 17x9 +42
Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec - 245/40/17

View attachment 58940 View attachment 58941 View attachment 58942

quite literally spent under a minute slightly adjusting the wheels, and I realize I didn't remove all of the "gold", but you get the idea

boot1.jpg

is it me or is your front wheel gap worse than the rear?

Update: Wingless trunk is in worse shape than I thought... :cornmad:

The seller gave it 8/10 when listing but upon further inspection/cleaning after purchasing it (couldn't see it when purchased due to lighting - it was dark/in the sellers parents garage with meh lighting) it is not in the best condition. I knew there was a key mark (see picture below).

Older Subaru's had the word "SUBARU" on the center on the trunk. Newer Subaru's had the Subaru Emblem in the center on the trunk. This trunk had the older Subaru word in the middle of the trunk. Well whomever debadged it didn't get all the adhesive off of it and now over the years it won't come off. You can also see the letters "WRX" on the left side of the trunk.

I'm going to contact a few local body shops to see who much it would be to paint the trunk. I am also going to reach out to the seller (after I take pictures) and see what he says. I'm sure he'll say pound sand but his listing stated:

02-07 WRB Debadged Trunk, 8-10 condition, one key mark across the back you can see in picture.

54798142_2331538873795231_4701801214050828288_n.jpg

54423279_2331538907128561_6069356948996751360_n.jpg
did your detailer actually say he couldn't get the indications of the lettering and stuff off? That shouldn't be an issue at all if he has a polisher. I've done it where it looked like fresh paint where the letters were, and basically sun faded where the letters weren't. Some slightly abrasive cutting polish and buffing took care of all of it.

Here. I dug through old photos and found these for you. See the before and after shots from polishing I did.

Scratches all along the rear bumper. I put some polish on before I realized I hadn't taken a "before" shot.
IMG_6492.JPG

After - reflections in the paint mess with the photo, but the scratches are gone.
IMG_6495.JPG

rear shot "before" with all the badging -
IMG_6496.JPG

Both emblems visible after removal
IMG_6497.JPG

emblem area after polish -
IMG_6500.JPG

Left side badge info visible with other scratches as well
IMG_6498.JPG

Left side after polish -
IMG_6499.JPG

Rear after polishing & badge removal
IMG_6501.JPG

That wasn't even using a heavy polish. There are many more abrasive cuts that could have leveled the paint even further if needed.

quite literally spent under a minute slightly adjusting the wheels, and I realize I didn't remove all of the "gold", but you get the idea

View attachment 58943

is it me or is your front wheel gap worse than the rear?

Thanks for the photoshop! :thumbsup:

It was on an incline but the front does have more gap than the rear.

did your detailer actually say he couldn't get the indications of the lettering and stuff off? That shouldn't be an issue at all if he has a polisher. I've done it where it looked like fresh paint where the letters were, and basically sun faded where the letters weren't. Some slightly abrasive cutting polish and buffing took care of all of it.

Yes that's correct. He said he tried different pads. He knows his stuff so I believe him.

Edit: He said he used heavy Clay Bar, Polish/Compound and wax

Here. I dug through old photos and found these for you. See the before and after shots from polishing I did.

Scratches all along the rear bumper. I put some polish on before I realized I hadn't taken a "before" shot.

That wasn't even using a heavy polish. There are many more abrasive cuts that could have leveled the paint even further if needed.

That looks really good. I'll have to find some heavy polish and try it myself. I'll take some pictures later of the trunk to show you.

Last edited:
I made a friend at the gym on Sunday :giggle: He wasn't there when I went inside but came outside to him next to me.

K37BOlB.jpg

View attachment 58943

@webby - The gunmetal on their website looks darker. Silver looks better to me

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/mach-v-17x9-awesome-wheel

This is a buddy's '06 WRX with the gunmetal wheels

kdnvej8r9pty.jpg

BXtphEM.jpg

Gunmetal - http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/danhurwitz/Products/Wheels/Mach V Wheels/7353_zps5be91ad3.jpg

Silver - http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/danhurwitz/Products/Wheels/Mach V Wheels/9269.jpg

Gunmetal - http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/danhurwitz/Products/Wheels/Mach V Wheels/6682.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yeah that’s basically black from those photos. I just made them silver in the photoshop, because your last set were more silver. Those don’t look bad, but I think I like the silver look more?

Ah yeah that’s basically black from those photos. I just made them silver in the photoshop, because your last set were more silver. Those don’t look bad, but I think I like the silver look more?
Yeah I don't need spacers if I get those wheels above (Mach V Awesome). If I get 17x9 RPF1's I'll need a small spacer :-/

But you'll have rpf1's. Who doesn't want those...? I'd put them on the crosstrek in a heartbeat if i had plans to modify it at all.

But you'll have rpf1's. Who doesn't want those...? I'd put them on the crosstrek in a heartbeat if i had plans to modify it at all.

Leaning towards Mach V Awesome wheels in Silver. Hmmmm

secretly your ride
tadkY9o.jpg

That's not bad. Did you see the STi Swapped New Crosstrek? Of course not OEM from Subaru lol

Link? I’ve seen pics and vids of people doing various wrx swaps in the crosstrek. I don’t think sti

Damn my picture looks like ****. Didn't look bad on my phone. :/

also -> Last edited by a moderator: Yesterday at 11:59 PM :think:

The pollen has been horrible this year. As soon as I rinse my car off it is building back up.

Yes it's bad! :(

Back