2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

I like the color combo of the dirty wheel more

It's got that reverse Bimmer thing going for it. Every Bimmer I see has ALWAYS got that nasty black, brake dust coated front rim. Nomar and Gingersnap's Bimmers more likely than not are excluded from this assessment. :giggle:

It's got that reverse Bimmer thing going for it. Every Bimmer I see has ALWAYS got that nasty black, brake dust coated front rim. Nomar and Gingersnap's Bimmers more likely than not are excluded from this assessment. :giggle:

Negative...2 days after a wash you can see the color diff of the brake dust color mod on the fronts.

Matt, sorry to hear about your a$s-tapping escapades :( It could have been worse though!!

I will have to take a photo of my wheels after 2 track days to show how much race pads dust. lol

Matt, sorry to hear about your a$s-tapping escapades :( It could have been worse though!!

I will have to take a photo of my wheels after 2 track days to show how much race pads dust. lol

A stupid amount I'm sure. When I had hawks on the miata I was washing the wheels more than the car itself because of how much dust it was putting off

With the PFC01s I usually get 7-8 days out of a set of pads. 20mm each side of material has to go somewhere! lol.

Hawks = ftl :( do not like.

Does it come with a K20? :bleh:
At that point I was doing 104mph...on my second try at an exhaust vid pass.:pat:

Thanks for posting those Sweet Gympers, and thank you Gingersnap for taking them. JUST when I thought I was putting all my bad luck/troubles behind me, I rear ended a minivan in a drive through while trying to satisfy my addiction to McNuggets. :pat: I had literally just deposited my settlement check and bought some bullets before this happened. Now I'll have to divert some of the settlement towards repainting her bumper out of pocket so my insurance doesn't spike. It was my fault but FRAK if I'm not furious at myself and embarrassed beyond belief. :blowsbrainsoutantismiley:

I was too busy looking at the road to look at my speed, but I know it wasn't anywhere near 104. It's shameful when my car can't even go the speed limit, because I know for sure that Matt would never break a posted speed limit. I guess I need moar :vtec:

I like the color combo of the dirty wheel more

I agree. It looks good with the darker wheel, but then again I think those wheels look pretty good the stock color

With the PFC01s I usually get 7-8 days out of a set of pads. 20mm each side of material has to go somewhere! lol.

Hawks = ftl :( do not like.

I really liked them, but then again I was only using them for DD with autocross once a month. I'm sure if I had more autocross time or tracked the car I might have come out of the Miata experience with a different view of them. But from my experience they're pretty good pads, although I haven't tried many others. Any recommendations Robert?

Also, 7-8 track days? I guess that's part of what makes motorsports expensive. I got a decent amount of time on pads when I was doing autocross events regularly. I'm sure track days are harder on brakes than autocross...higher speeds and longer periods of driving

Thanks for posting those Sweet Gympers, and thank you Gingersnap for taking them. JUST when I thought I was putting all my bad luck/troubles behind me, I rear ended a minivan in a drive through while trying to satisfy my addiction to McNuggets. :pat: I had literally just deposited my settlement check and bought some bullets before this happened. Now I'll have to divert some of the settlement towards repainting her bumper out of pocket so my insurance doesn't spike. It was my fault but FRAK if I'm not furious at myself and embarrassed beyond belief. :blowsbrainsoutantismiley:

That sucks :( I'm so sorry :(

Does it come with a K20? :bleh:

At that point I was doing 104mph...on my second try at an exhaust vid pass. :pat:

Holy crap I estimate I was over 100 being that I already got 4th, your car must really pick up on the topend, I really wanna go back to high rpm screaming n/a :drool:

Hope you can get it repaired soon, sucks that happened :sad:

But at least you won the kitteh, you can always look at that & feel better.

Holy crap I estimate I was over 100 being that I already got 4th, your car must really pick up on the topend, I really wanna go back to high rpm screaming n/a :drool:

Hope you can get it repaired soon, sucks that happened :sad:

But at least you won the kitteh, you can always look at that & feel better.
the WRX tops out in 2nd ~70mph. It's an awesome autox gear :)

No one can drive in this state, the roads are crap, its expensive as all hell, and the dragon is just way too far away.

No one can drive in this state, the roads are crap, its expensive as all hell, and the dragon is just way too far away.
when did you move to CT? Aka the constitution state aka the rape your wallet state

I like Delaware, close to everything (except dragon), and not too expensive unless you wanna register a car.

Back