2012 BMW M5 Photos Leaked

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2012 BMW M5 leaked ahead of Shanghai debut

bmw_m5_concept_opt.jpg

The 2012 BMW M5? Here it is in the "concept" form that will make its official debut later this month at the Shanghai Motor Show, courtesy of photos leaked from an embargoed preview event held this weekend in Germany.

As is BMW's wont when it comes to these things, "concept" simply means, "This is exactly what the production car looks like, and we'll reveal the rest of the juicy details at a future date. And maybe the production wheels won't be black."

Of course, some stuff related to the F10 M5 is pretty much set in stone already, courtesy of Chris Harris' first drive for Evo magazine.
  • The twin-turbo V8 should out-power the one in the X6M, which makes 546 horsepower.
  • Shifts come via a seven-speed DCT.
  • Selectable driving programs include Comfort, Sport, and Sport-Plus, plus the let-it-all-hang-out M Driving Mode.
Snap judgement: this is the best-looking BMW M vehicle since the E39 M5, and whatever BMW's cooked up underhood should have no problem backing up the looks. Stay tuned for more info on the BMW Concept M5 as we receive it.

01_m5_leak.jpg

03_m5_leak.jpg

05_m5_leak.jpg

546 HP is a lot, but that looks like a lot of mass to move. Nevertheless, I'm sure it will offer a sweet ride to the grocery store to pick up some more caviar.

• Staff
still didn't take down the CTS-V for hp bragging rights... but yea.

• Staff
never driven one... I take it you think it's bad?

The CTS-V was impressive, but not really me - just like the M3 was, but not me either.

The rawness of the vette appealed to me the most. :shrug:

• Staff
I see no problem with that at all. :dancingcoolsmiley:

Sweet...Baby...Jebus that's a sexy super sedan.:drooling:

In regards to Ken's comment concerning mass: There's a M5 (with a baby seat in the back) that's always parked at an office that I have appointments at. As sexy as that beast is, it looks like an absolute tank. I'm sure it handles better than a tank, but it's still one heavy *** car.

Are these out yet??? I thought I saw one drive by me about 15 mins ago....

Are these out yet??? I thought I saw one drive by me about 15 mins ago....
according to reports -
The Production 2012 BMW M5 will debut at Frankfurt Motor Show

so you shouldn't have seen one

I do work near Charlotte Intl. Airport. Could of been all those German beerz...

Back