2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

darn SI model only been getting 23mpg for the winter time but had just recently went up to about 25ish mpg so far for this spring, little better so far

City - 22/24mpg if you behave yourself. Hwy - 32mpg if driven @75mph. Hwy - up to 38mpg if driven @60mph, which is almost impossible. Lowest recorded on any Honda 4-cylinder (a 1991 Accord EX) 13mpg averaging 110mph for 10 hours through Montana before they posted a speed limit. The speed part was easier than you might think. Keeping the car on the ground was not.

13 gallon if I am not mistaken. 0 range with 1.9 gallons remaining in the tank

i haven't done any highway driving yet, ide like to see what i would get, i did notice with my first oil change it seemed to do better too

My 07 Si ran a 397.6 mi tank last week. 35mpg with spirited fun. I avg 32-33mpg with casual fun. :bunny:

So with the supercharger, I've been averaging 20 mpg city, 30 highway. Not bad, but I do miss the days when I could push 28 city and 40 highway if I drove like a grandma

I'm luck if I get 25 hwy and 18 city, I drive like a grandma too. My gas mileage has sucked from day one.

Wonder why you guys average so low, my 2013 Si Sedan seems to be getting better mileage, as observed below :-/ Could it have something to do with all of the engine braking I do? ;-)

On my drive today I managed to get 46.3mpg. That was on highway and rural routes. Strangely the mpg was actually better on the rural streets. It has since come down after i got into the city. Seems like my avg. mpg seems to keep on climbing now that summer is here.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 13
On my drive today I managed to get 46.3mpg. That was on highway and rural routes. Strangely the mpg was actually better on the rural streets. It has since come down after i got into the city. Seems like my avg. mpg seems to keep on climbing now that summer is here.
Civics love backroad rural driving (ie below 60 and not VTEC). I've hit 47.7 indicated (about 45 actual) on a 40+ mile run (the first part of 400+ mile vacation run thru Vermont & New Hampshire).

Civics love backroad rural driving (ie below 60 and not VTEC). I've hit 47.7 indicated (about 45 actual) on a 40+ mile run (the first part of 400+ mile vacation run thru Vermont & New Hampshire).
I don't know about that. I've had my best mileage driving highway speeds at around 125km (~78 miles), getting well over 40mpg which thus far is my record. I especially find it interesting when I increase my speed and keep it at a higher speed, and my mpg reading increases.

200 mile trip, with cruise control most of the way, to there was mostly up hills, averaged 33.1 mpg on the way back with the down hills still mostly cruise control got 34.6 .
in the city its still like 24-25

I don't know about that. I've had my best mileage driving highway speeds at around 125km (~78 miles), getting well over 40mpg which thus far is my record. I especially find it interesting when I increase my speed and keep it at a higher speed, and my mpg reading increases.
Impressive. My only highway run at that speed 312miles was 29.7 mpg with the AC on. Was this an average over some distance or just a short run?

2012 Civic LX, 5MT

Just got back from a fairly decent trip down to Minneapolis, reset the trip meter when I filled to start. First leg of the trip I was averaging 43.5 mpg, ( 5.4L / 100 kms ) however when I was cruising on the interstate at 70+, the mileage dropped some. Including stop and go and idling around both Minneapolis MN, and shopping in Duluth, MN, I averaged 38.5 mpg overall.

I always seem to do better mileage in the rolling hills, even though you have to slow down going through all the various small towns before getting to the interstate.

After first fill up, on the way down:

2014-07-25 21.35.01.jpg

After filling up on the way back and driving a few miles: Gotta love the range displayed, 882 kms.

2014-07-27 20.54.30.jpg

My mileage so far has been in the 37 MPG(6.3L/100KM)-41(5.7L/100KM) MPG range. About 80% highway, 20% city driving 25 Miles(40KM) each day. What I wonder about is, why is it on honda.com the Civic Sedan SI is rated at 22/31, yet with ease Im averaging 37+ every single trip. My tank average for this tank has been going down and is sitting at 39MPG(6.5L/100KM) currently but still going down. On honda.ca, the same civic SI sedan is rated at 23.7MPG(9.9) City 35.6MPG(6.6L/100KM) Highway.

Is it just me getting such high numbers? Im not even broken in yet. My first tank I got 39MPH(6.5L/100KM) and that was about 62Miles(100KM) city driving, 185Miles(300KM) highway.

Forgot to mention my last tank was 6.5 on fuelly but 7.3 in car, not sure why such a difference. Usually its the other way. I will post my numbers from this tank via fuelly when I fill up.
CgzGZZG.jpg

Last edited:
Back