2012 Civic Si coupe build

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Well all that there is now is what you see. I got this for dirt cheap. 27 miles on the chassis. Plans are to make it a track rat. Trying to hunt down a donor vehicle for running and rolling aspects.

17878810353_c067008856_b.jpg

18313304889_15531c47e9_b.jpg

I already have
- headlights
- HPD front and rear sway bars
- HPD Cold Air Intake
- Steering wheel!
- Shcroth 6-pt harness
- Window nets

I just need you know a few more parts and it's done :0

Lol it's a hurricane sandy car, it was sent to Arizona, then to Florida. A race team bought it stripped everything and when they were told they have to run the 10th gen chassis next year they had no need for it. It was located like 10 miles from me the owner said go pick it up, title is in mail, send me this much. Pays to do some voluntary pit crew work sometimes. I got it for less than an Xbox one.

It'll look nice next to my chumpcar.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 34
Lol it's a hurricane sandy car, it was sent to Arizona, then to Florida. A race team bought it stripped everything and when they were told they have to run the 10th gen chassis next year they had no need for it. It was located like 10 miles from me the owner said go pick it up, title is in mail, send me this much. Pays to do some voluntary pit crew work sometimes. I got it for less than an Xbox one.
That's awesome! Can't wait to see the progress.

Made a couple bids on donor cars tonight.

Engine wise I'm going to run intake manifold conversion, header, and hondata. I may do cams and head work down the road just depends on budget.

Havent figured out suspension yet. Maybe some Koni yellows and proper springs.

It'll be a one seater with a full cage though. Pure race car :)

Thanks @webby

I mean as a car that will be simply used for track use I think it might pay off. The only other option would be to port the plastic IM like LSx guys do in corvettes, f-bodies, etc.

Or just do some headwork with some adjustable cam gears to really get some power.

I'm amazed with no tuning a port/polish on the head of our F22b2 chump car and an adjustable cam gear with a few degrees of advance we got 139whp and 166lb ft of torque with no tune and stock intake, intake manifold, throttle body, stock exhaust manifold, etc. Not bad for a 21 year old car.

Last edited:
Since it's already a shell you should drop a K20 or K24/K20 frank in it imo.

We've thought of this and it honestly just depends on what kind of donor car I can get. If I get an Si I'm just going to use the stock powerplant, if it's an R18 car then I'll build something. Trying to do this on a budget. Copart has some great deals on wrecked vehicles. I'd love to do some crazy engine build but I also want reliability with my track car.

We've thought of this and it honestly just depends on what kind of donor car I can get. If I get an Si I'm just going to use the stock powerplant, if it's an R18 car then I'll build something. Trying to do this on a budget. Copart has some great deals on wrecked vehicles. I'd love to do some crazy engine build but I also want reliability with my track car.
Do track car and reliable go together? Boost the snot out of it!

Do track car and reliable go together? Boost the snot out of it!

Haha they can if you do it right. I'm so anal retentive when it comes to building things that I hate having to fix things when they break so I overbuild them for reliability. I drove GMs around long enough and got tired of replacing **** that would never go south on a Honda (in the racing world).

Anyways no luck on donor cars. I tried buying a wrecked 2014. I won a bid on copart but the seller refused because he stated it wasn't the price he was looking for (don't put something up w/o a reserve then). So I'm still searching.

Also trying to buy a house. Pre-approved and all that crap but every house I've gone to put in offer in on has a contract that was accepted just hours before. I do not have any luck on my side when it comes to winning contract/bid wars.

Back