• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

DIY 2012 Civic Si Manual Transmission Fluid Change

ron v

Fuego from San Diego
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
2.2 technically I think without looking?

dpetro1

I had this done at the dealership and noticed they charged me for 3 quarts of MT fluid...is it 2 or 3...or did I get ripped off?
Per the owners manual 2.0 quarts exactly

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SavageWS6

Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello again, been gone for a long time. So, I ran Redline for about 10k miles, although I didn't drive the car much it was in the transmission for a good amount of time. Anyone in cold climates, anything below 45-50F (yes "cold") Redline is so notchy, takes too long to warm up to operating temp for my A to B travels. I have since gone back to Honda MTF (Easily able to get off Amazon now) and I'm enjoying it so much more now that I've used other fluids. Wish I was wrong that Honda MTF wasn't super good at what it does. Well, looks like I'll be sticking with it for any future Honda's I get.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'd totally go back to Redline if I was able to stay in a warmer climate ex; San Diego where I was for a long period of time. Redline defiantly isn't a bad choice, just not a good choice in my daily.

Last edited: