2012 Civic Si Navi Rear Back up Camera

Dtaggart

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
It places the backup camera feed in your i-Mid display, just like the 2013 models.

Do you have the oem navigation from honda?

@ADExternal may have to chime in if you have the stock navi.

Ya I have stock navi. I have been trying to find out but a lot of post I have found about this are older and I haven't seen any recent progress besides that link to the system. Thanks for the quick response though

@Pauly99to17 may know, or one of the other individuals in that thread. I've not had the dash apart to comment on how the wiring differs, or if the diy would still work to put the video feed in the i-mid on navi models. May be worth commenting in that thread. A number of users in that thread have done the diy.

From what I know, the navi has a different input since it shows multiple views but you should be able to use the same concept as I did to make it work. I personally havent tried it but I would start by finding info about the 2013 navi input.

I cannot confirm it, but I am very sure it should work. The Imid screen and connectors /plugs for it should be identical for every model. There are no differences at all with the Imid apart from the temperature not showing up on the 2012 LX/DX models. I was able to add the temperature to the Imid screen because its already made ready show it. All Imids are built to show that camera screen too.

My only question would be: does anything different show on the Imid screen with Navi models?

Also, here's a question for @ADExternal Could the OP hold down buttons on the steering wheel to make sure he has the camera adjustments even if the camera is not yet hooked up? Is there any screen possible to see that is about the reverse camera that he can get if the camera is not yet hooked up?

Last edited:
I cannot confirm it, but I am very sure it should work. The Imid screen and connectors /plugs for it should be identical for every model. There are no differences at all with the Imid apart from the temperature not showing up on the 2012 LX/DX models. I was able to add the temperature to the Imid screen because its already made ready show it. All Imids are built to show that camera screen too.

My only question would be: does anything different show on the Imid screen with Navi models?

Also, here's a question for @ADExternal Could the OP hold down buttons on the steering wheel to make sure he has the camera adjustments even if the camera is not yet hooked up? Is there any screen possible to see that is about the reverse camera that he can get if the camera is not yet hooked up?

Turn by turn shows up as a option if you select it from the I mid menu. So u have basic navi on your imid turn by turn and then on the navi unit you get everything. Also with having the navi. You get three different camera angles on the navi screen.

I would rather it show on the Imid in all honestly. That is why I was confused why your DIY guide would not work if it had a Nav system.
Hi There, did you get your reverse camera working on the Imid screen? I have a 2012 Civic sadan with factory Navigation and would like to do this mod. Please let me know, thanks.

I would like to know if you actually ever got this thing running with the OEM navi as well. I've been searching online, but all the systems I find say Non-navigation only. Does this mean that they can still be displayed on the IMID or it wouldn't be able to connect because the imid shows navigation alerts.

For those of you that have OEM NAVI, when you put your car in reverse:
1. what shows up on the NAVI screen if anything?
2. what shows up on the iMID screen if anything?

I'm trying to figure out what your CONNECTOR B9 (BRN) pin actually is used for? It is supposed to be a "detect reverse signal" and it provides battery power to your NAVI whenever you are in reverse.
what for? If you don't have camera backup capability, what exactly is the point of this wire?

For those of you that have OEM NAVI, when you put your car in reverse:
1. what shows up on the NAVI screen if anything?
2. what shows up on the iMID screen if anything?

I'm trying to figure out what your CONNECTOR B9 (BRN) pin actually is used for? It is supposed to be a "detect reverse signal" and it provides battery power to your NAVI whenever you are in reverse.
what for? If you don't have camera backup capability, what exactly is the point of this wire?

on the 2014's -

View: https://youtu.be/YNI4ggoisYY?t=28

2013's

View: https://youtu.be/J5SyJAk7Fdc?t=379

Did anyone ever get a backup camera working for a 2012 with Navi? My teen just got a 2012 EX-L with NAVI but we want to install a backup camera. Would be happy to have it show up on the IMID screen. Any luck???

Back