2012 Euro Honda Civic uncovered - Introduction

Honda_Civic_1291111946297001600x1060.jpg

12civfr_eu_09.jpg

12civfr_eu_02.jpg

I honestly didn't expect the front to look that way on the Euro. The interior pics are also surprising. It doesn't look like it's "cheapened". The black wheel and dash looks decent.

What's i-Dtec? Lol the engine actually resembles a K-series.

What's i-Dtec? Lol the engine actually resembles a K-series.
The newly developed 2.2 L i-DTEC engine passed the Euro5 emission standard before it came into effect in 2009. In November 2008, Honda implemented the i-DTEC diesel engine on the Accord and Accord Tourer in Europe.

Honda is currently developing a new, more compact diesel engine that it plans to launch in Europe and other markets. Along with Honda’s current 2.2 L diesel engine, the new engine will leverage the ability of diesel technology to reduce CO2 emissions.

The new i-DTEC engine is a 2.2 liter unit with an output of 150 PS (110 kW / 148 bhp) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque with a very competitive CO2 emissions quotient of 110 g/km. Models fitted with a manual transmission also get an idle-stop system that shaves 5 g/km off of the standard CO2 figure.

Any MPG numbers for that little diesel? US will always get screwed over on diesels....everyone loves gas too much here....

achieves 57.4 mpg US combined on the NEDC
NEDC =

The New European Driving Cycle is a driving cycle consisting of four repeated ECE-15 driving cycles and an Extra-Urban driving cycle (EUDC). The NEDC is supposed to represent the typical usage of a car in Europe, and is used, among other things, to assess the emission levels of car engines.

you interested in bringing a few shipping containers to the US?

I'd buy one if I knew I didn't have to buy two cars just so the feds can wreck one.

we'll just let you drive it around without the crash testing cert

lol, you know it's alright for the people in other countries. Not good enough for you???

lol, you know it's alright for the people in other countries. Not good enough for you???
Let's be realistic for a second. It would take all of one week for the feds to seize the car for lack of a certification. They'd snatch it before I could even get the damn thing registered.
A few years back, I actually looked up how much it would cost getting a Euro Civic Type-R transported to the states. The numbers just don't make it worth it. Honda USA won't finance it, they won't honor the warranty, and then there's the cost of crashing an entire other car. Not to mention transportation fees...I'm just not filthy rich yet.

I'd rather buy an RC helicopter and crash that instead--certainly cheaper and far more entertaining.

:scratches:

14_G.jpg

wonders if I'm speaking to rob?

being serious... I know to legally bring something in to the US, it's a major ordeal. Quite a while ago people were posting about how they brought various japanese cars into the US. It was quite interesting.

My buddy can get a JDM AWD Integra to the Canadian border for me. He imports all sorts of cars from Japan into Canada. It's just getting it across into the US legally that's the problem. Although I guess if he just registered it in Canada, it could be driven across the border like any other car.... then parted out for it's OEM AWD win. :rotfl:

Back