2012 Honda Civic lx stereo replacement

Ryan Dahl

hey. In going to change my headunit. But I'm kinda scared that I'm going to loose my gas mileage and everything on the top screen. I do not have the nav.

Can u guys help me out. Because I don't want o mess anything up with the gas milage and clock and settings.

what kind of stereo/nav unit are you looking to install?

The only thing you will lose is the screen that shows the song information and the ability to use the steering wheel controls. Otherwise, all the other screens work as normal.

I want to get the Pioneer FHX-720BT 2-DIN CD Receiver off cruchfield so I keep my steering wheel control.
Thanks man.

I want to get the Pioneer FHX-720BT 2-DIN CD Receiver off cruchfield so I keep my steering wheel control.
Thanks man.

Where have you read that it maintains the steering control functionality?

If u go into the future and spec. It say adapter required.

Ok. You can get an adapter for pretty much any aftermarket stereo. I thought you were implying the headunit would work natively with the steering wheel controls.

I'd definitely say you should go for installing an aftermarket head unit. I've installed one on my 12 lx civic and it was definitely worth the install.

The only thing you will lose is the screen that shows the song information and the ability to use the steering wheel controls. Otherwise, all the other screens work as normal.
Will the buttons to access all the other vehicle information still work?

Back