2012+ Honda Civic Suspension Options With Product Info & Links

07TLX Nix Dar-Dar may know from first hand experience on the 8th gens, or from the 8th forum? I'm sure it's going to depend on how low the aftermarket springs are, and how hard you are on the car.

I am on a hybrid HFP suspension.. HFP springs and Tockino blue struts..

But seeing how the H&R springs don't have a aggressive drop the OEM struts can last awhile as long as your not pushing the car too hard....

Also, keep in mind that spring rates can also alter the strut's longevity, especially the rear struts. The H&R springs should be okay.

And to add. You can run stock front struts and Koni rears with the H&R springs. The rear struts usually take more of a hit when it comes to using aftermarket springs.

Stock struts should probably be replaced about 50-60K miles anyway, with a short drop like Eibach prokit or H&R, you might be around 50k. Just a little less life. Prokits are just about the same spring rate as stock and HR is 10% stiffer. My wifes car didn't get new suspension until about 70k on stock strut/springs and they were worn out very badly. Making noises and clunks. So a mild drop with stock struts should last you at least 50k. Again though, if you drive hard or your roads are bad, the ones here are, then you will have decreased life anyway.

Koni yellows are fantastic. I run about 1 1/2 turns stiff. The ride is rough but awesome. Full soft feels like stock. I like being able to rip turns. I am also on neuspeed sport springs. About 1.6" drop. Koni and prokit on full soft is a very very nice setup that I used to have. Felt like stock over bumps but was much more responsive for weight transfer and cornering. It wouldn't dive as much. Less roll.

Well when they wear out,remember I have a set sitting in a climate controlled environment real clean.....

Well when they wear out,remember I have a set sitting in a climate controlled environment real clean.....

^^^ Thanks. I think Ill go aftermarket after they wear out. Very useful info everyone, I appreciate it. Hopefully there will be more options by the time the struts have to go.

I think I'm going to try fleebay,hopefully someone needs a set for a wreck and doesn't want to buy new.i really don't want them sitting around,kinda sucks.

First thing I thought when I saw the first pic was that those wheels need to go...was pleasantly surprised as I scrolled down! Looks good.

My thought exactly^^. I wasn't even gonna do anything to the car to be honest; as i drive for a living. However, every time I would get in my car and see the wheels, i would vomit a little in my mouth. I was forced by the Honda design team.

thanks squiggy :)

Last edited:
I personally would find black center caps as the rear wheel in the second pick looks good because of the way the lighting/shadows hit it and it almost appears to have black center caps. It provides a nice contrast and compliments the lugs.

I personally would find black center caps as the rear wheel in the second pick looks good because of the way the lighting/shadows hit it and it almost appears to have black center caps. It provides a nice contrast and compliments the lugs.

Those are 2 inch electrical break out seals vinyl wrapped. Make for awesome center caps. I guess I can do black or dark grey vinyl. thanks for the input

Last edited:
how's the ride quality with H&R ? is it too stiff or just right ? by mid august , i will have to choose between H&R or TEIN springs
Well coming from stock you def notice it. Its not super stiff. Some bounciness on freeway(bridges/overpass). I have never owned a lower car so i have no good point of reference. I'd say its pretty smooth not hard to get used to.

getting 45 tires helps a bit too. You should read this thread. There are some specs mentioned for both springs. They would be pretty close.

Last edited:
center caps: Yay or Nay? I think I'm getting off thread topic here. Last post regarding this.

Attachments

• IMG_20130714_115742.jpg
    IMG_20130714_115742.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20130714_115751.jpg
    IMG_20130714_115751.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Back