2012 Production CR-V Images Leaked

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2012 Production CR-V Images Leaked

Honda CR-V fans out there can finally get a glimpse of what the Japanese automaker has planned for its CUV. A rash of patent drawings has cropped up showing the new face of the next-generation vehicle ahead of its debut at the 2011 Orange County Auto Show. As expected, the basic shape of the 2012 CR-V has stuck fairly close to the lines of the concept image that debuted back in July. Design cues like the wide upper grille, swept headlights and stylized d-pillar have all stayed on while flashy bits like the concept's massive wheels have been scrapped for more civilized pieces.

Under the hood, we still expect to see a variant of the current 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. While tweaks to the final power and fuel consumptions may rear their heads at the unveil, we don't expect any dramatic changes. Buyers can look forward to a new six-speed automatic transmission that puts power to either the front or all four wheels depending on trim. The final unanswered question is whether or not Honda has managed to cram a third row of seats in the back...

01_cr_v.sized.jpg

02_cr_v.sized.jpg

03_cr_v.sized.jpg

04_cr_v.sized.jpg

Original Teaser Image Released By Honda in July Below:

hondacr_vteaser.sized.jpg

It looks like a mini odyssey from the front. The teaser looks nicer, but pics just don't do justice.

• Staff
agreed - head on looks like an odyssey. User predictions of what wouldn't make it to the production car were pretty spot on.

I like the front end and wheels on the teaser pic but I hate the back. I agree about the Odyssey. Back need to curve more like the last design or something more drastic like the Lexus RX. :hmmm?:

• Staff
2011 odyysey below

201_honda_odyssey_touring_front_end.jpg

2012 crv below
03_cr_v.sized.jpg

The latest model where Honda put alot of effort in is the CR-Z in my opinion.

• Staff
cool vids, but I can't see the production car looking anywhere near that. There would be some serious expense in just the lighting equipment
quad hid's with two sets of white leds, and led turns... :think: let's see it happen toyota

I also don't see anything "Honda" about the rear end. For some odd reason, I see a rear end of a Volvo station wagon.

Like everything but the rear. I think the rear roof line should of followed the rear window line. Now it looks like it has a weird added hump.

Saw the "toyota prius for everyone" commercial were the showed the OG prius, a larger one, the small one and a plug in one. When are those other ones supped to come out?

cool vids, but I can't see the production car looking anywhere near that. There would be some serious expense in just the lighting equipment
quad hid's with two sets of white leds, and led turns... :think: let's see it happen toyota

Headlight prob wouldn't even make it. Too high on the body and would blind everyone. Side profile looks pretty damn good.

Like everything but the rear. I think the rear roof line should of followed the rear window line. Now it looks like it has a weird added hump.
the only reason I can see them doing that is for a 3rd row. I can think of any other reason they would have the rear end bump like that. With that, it potentially houses a small amount of room for storage

they couldn't decide what to use lol

Those blacked out images are fuggly.

My sister just bought a CRV - must have been the '11?
yea, they expect the 2012's to show up at dealerships in late nov/dec

Back