2013 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon II - Chat, Pics, and Videos thread

Hahaha yes, free ONR washes. I have my one bucket, grit guards, grout sponge and the No Rinse. Also several towels and some various sprays. It will take most of the road grime and dirt off. It's definitely strong enough to remove caked on brake dust as well. I have some spray wax and spray sealant so we can get em' lookin a bit shiny as well.

I can at least show everyone how to use the stuff and how easy it is. It's a great product for anyone stuck in an apt or restricted water usage area. You can wash your whole car and scrub the wheels with less than 5 gallons of water.

Haha, my goal is to see how dirty and bug-grimed I can get my car, it's not like it's brand new :giggle:

STATE TROOPERS MOUNT MOTORCYCLES FOR ENFORCEMENT ON "THE DRAGON"
By Don Jacobs
Updated Tuesday, September 10, 2013

State troopers on motorcycles will saturate U.S. Highway 129, especially the section called “The Dragon” in the upcoming weekend because of two events expected to bring a deluge of riders to the area.

Motorcycle riding troopers from Tennessee Highway Patrols districts in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Cookeville and Fall Branch will converge on the federal highway during Sept. 13-15, according to the state Department of Safety and Homeland Security.

A $71,116.79 grant from the Governor’s Highway Safety Office, which covers a period from Oct. 1, 2012, to Sept. 30, 2013, will pay overtime funds to the motorcycle officers

The decision to saturate “The Dragon” with motorcycle officers was prompted by two events this weekend expected to bring heavy motorcycle traffic to the challenging road. In Maggie Valley, N.C., the “Thunder in the Smokies” event will be under way and in Pigeon Forge the “Fall Rod Run” will be held.

The Dragon is an 11-mile section of U.S. Highway 129 that attracts motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world because of its 318 curves. According to the state, one motorcyclist has died so far this year on U.S. Highway 129.

Officials said the state troopers will especially be alert for aggressive and reckless driving, speeding, impaired driving and seat belt use for four-wheel vehicles. Authorities expect to have a sobriety checkpoint established on U.S. Highway 129 on Saturday.

More details as they develop online and in Wednesday’s News Sentinel.

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2013/sep/10/state-troopers-mount-motorcycles-for-enforcement/

@Nix They have a car washing area with a hose. I've dragged some hotel towels and soap there, and done a quick 10 minute wash.

Ok last things left to do is wash the car and pack then bed cause the alarm is going off at like 3:00-3:30am....

2:30 for me.

I want to get all my stuff together, eat something, drink coffee, then get out at 3:30 to meet you at 4:30.

I have good news. The procedure went well and I no longer have a stone. I have to follow up with the Dr in the morning to see when I can have the stints out. If it is early tomorrow, I should be hitting the road around lunchtime. If not, then I dont know.

I have good news. The procedure went well and I no longer have a stone. I have to follow up with the Dr in the morning to see when I can have the stints out. If it is early tomorrow, I should be hitting the road around lunchtime. If not, then I dont know.
Glad the stone is gone. Sounds like Road Atlanta is jinxed for us. Turn 3 is how my stone popped out of my kidney. bloody urine for the rest of the day (thought I was dehydrated) until I bent over the next morning and was in excruciating pain for about 5 days until it passed. Screw you RA :P

Did they leave the "strings" hanging out so you can pull them yourself or are they gonna make you go back for a follow up?

Did they leave the "strings" hanging out so you can pull them yourself or are they gonna make you go back for a follow up?
They left the stings, but I don't think I could pull them out myself.

Glad the stone is gone. Sounds like Road Atlanta is jinxed for us. Turn 3 is how my stone popped out of my kidney. bloody urine for the rest of the day (thought I was dehydrated) until I bent over the next morning and was in excruciating pain for about 5 days until it passed. Screw you RA :P

:yeahthat:

All I gotta do is pack.... Then wake up hit up a Wawa get fuel and coffee and then meet Ken at 4:30 and then Jason at 5

Back