2013 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon II - Chat, Pics, and Videos thread

Similar to what would be a "Fit Si"

Knew it! You might not be alone come September :eyebrows:
It's such a blast to drive. A car that actually goes where you steer it. What a concept?!?!

I'm going to test drive one eventually, but not until summer, because I'm afraid I'll walk out with it anyway.

Whatcha going to get?
I see you poking around on ST nation, I see your intentions...

Damn. Stalkin' me 'eh? :giggle:

I like them but don't think I'd get one.

Why do you think I was browsin' through STnation?

I hope they have one at the Philly auto show to look at, I had a ride along in a Focus ST at the SEMA show, primarily to see how tight the Recaros are, most say they take about 2 months to break in a bit. I have to test drive a Fiesta ST in the summer.

@k757 have you driven the fiesta ST yet? If so how were the Recaros in your opinion, or did you opt for the base seats?

The 2015 WRX looks good, but if they want 27-28K for a base, they can keep it.

@k757 have you driven the fiesta ST yet? If so how were the Recaros in your opinion, or did you opt for the base seats?

The 2015 WRX looks good, but if they want 27-28K for a base, they can keep it.
The Fiesta ST is an awesome drive. Taken it out twice at different dealers. :) I hat the placement of their sunroof, so I'll be focused in on the base trim. I watched a few online reviews of the FiST (recaro) and the reviewers are saying that the recaro are for smaller people. (which I am not). I wondered how they would do the seats as they are a custom fit piece, not off the shelf. Oh well, they missed the boat on that one. Anyway, each time I drove it, I got out, turned around to look at it and just smiled. Just a shitton of fun.

Agreed, the pricing of the new WRX is a tad much for what I want it for. Even with the upgrades that the new one has, I can't imagine that it's a better ride than my current W (a few handling things have been done to it)

If I get one I may vouch for the Recaros, I can easily lose weight and break them in a bit better if that's the case. I want to at least sit in one with the recaros so I can see if I really want it, or even go with the base seats. I can only image how much fun it would be at the dragon and N GA drive.

If I get one I may vouch for the Recaros, I can easily lose weight and break them in a bit better if that's the case. I want to at least sit in one with the recaros so I can see if I really want it, or even go with the base seats. I can only image how much fun it would be at the dragon and N GA drive.
far more fun than in WRX/Legacy

I have a question - I priced both out on the Ford website and by choosing recaros or not the Focus and the Fiesta are both within $1000. Why one over the other? It seems like the more power of the Focus and the extra space would be a win especially with the base seats keeping the price down.

I have a question - I priced both out on the Ford website and by choosing recaros or not the Focus and the Fiesta are both within $1000. Why one over the other? It seems like the more power of the Focus and the extra space would be a win especially with the base seats keeping the price down.

I think more douchebros will choose the Focus ST because more power for the highway pulls yO! So that's my reason, obviously the Focus has more rear hatch room if you're going to use the back more often.

A guy your size would fit in the Recaros well, it's me I worry about.

focus Curb weight: 3150 lbs
fiesta Curb weight 2,564 lbs

almost 600 lbs lighter with the fiesta, so some want it for that reason

Fiesta ST is about 2700lbs & change, but still much better than the 3300lb land yachts (by comparison) that I'm used to. I haven't had a 2700 lb car since my SE-R and that car was a floppy noodle in the chassis dept.

The base seats are basically the same as most level Focus cars, and base focus st.

Back