2013 Civic "Premium Audio System" Navigation Stereo Upgrade

Yeah I have the 7 speaker system. Non Navi Si system. Thank you. So did you and Bulky keep the factory sub hooked up for more decent mid bass? Once again I am indebted to you. I appreciate all the help and info. I fell like such a rookie. If any part of the system dies I intend to install my ever faithful Pioneer Premier single din from 2007 and rewiring the entire car.

Just curious, what interior speakers ya'll use.? I know the OP went with Focal pieces (@70watt rms) which is what I'm looking at, but does anyone else have something that sounds good and can handle a little more power?

Focal speakers are awesome but I'm also a fan of Hertz speakers. There's a lot of good equipment out there. It's all in how you hear/like your music. What sounds good to me may not sound good to you.

Yeah I have the 7 speaker system. Non Navi Si system. Thank you. So did you and Bulky keep the factory sub hooked up for more decent mid bass? Once again I am indebted to you. I appreciate all the help and info. I fell like such a rookie. If any part of the system dies I intend to install my ever faithful Pioneer Premier single din from 2007 and rewiring the entire car.

Since I kept the HU, the speakers were probably gonna be as good as it gets. The quality and range on the factory HU is terrible. Even with another amp for the mids/highs. I took out the factory sub all together.

Yeah I'm not an audiophile, or have the income to be doing all that. I just want my bass. My 2012 Scion tc that I traded to get the si had decent sound and the only thing amplified were the 6x9's in the doors. Since the entire car is bone stock I want to address the ride height first. You're probably on full coils right?

Lol, good news is that you will get at least 300hz from the sub preamp, at least thats what I heard until I adjusted the crossover to 100. You can do what I did, make a rca preamp from the hardness in the back of your imid. I recall getting 2.5v+/- 0.5v from the preamp. connect that to the amp and run the rest. Only hard part is making the harness. It took me a bit longer because I ran wires to have my amp to be tucked under my seat and my sub hidden.
So you mentioned making an RCA preamp out of the harness in the back of the imid. When you say imid what what is that exactly? I should've asked before hand.

Taking out the 2 sub pins from the harness that's plugs in the iMid and put new ones with an RCA cable

Could I just tap into it with a LOC. I didn't realize there's gonna be messing with pins. Do you have a DIY on that? So am I eliminating the two sub wires and wiring in a stripped RCA in its place?

If you want to keep it even more simple, you can tap into it with another wire but Im not sure how the sound quality would sound on the oem sub or the new one with the preamp getting splitted. No to the DIY and yes to the RCA in its place.

You must be an electrical genius, I'll admit when it comes to new technology I'm scared to mess with it unless I've seen someone else do it in person. I'm one of those installers who has a lot of questions at Directed trainings. LoL

My profession is a Mechanical Engineer with focus in Petroleum. Thank you for the compliment but I wouldn't consider myself as electrical genius. Probably just my engineer side, we tend to do things as long as the physics and math adds up. If it doesn't we reanalyze and try again. Usually succeeding at a high rate the first time otherwise we waste time and resource which goes against everything an engineer believes in, efficiency.

I believe he means to splice an RCA cable onto the sub wires before the factory amp, at the A harness in the wiring diagram, not behind the i-MID.

I meant behind the factory radio where the preamp goes out. So technically yes? My apologies, not sure why I said iMid.
I was on a time crunch and went ahead and wired it to the sub output from amp using a LOC. It sounds ok but haven't really turned it up due to all the rattle from bare metal. Will be dynamating trunk and read deck soon. Would it be best to go ahead and switch it to before the amplifier the way you did it? What would be the benefit? Sorry just really curious. I wired everything so that it would be easy to bypass the entire system one day if I add an aftermarket head unit.

I was on a time crunch and went ahead and wired it to the sub output from amp using a LOC. It sounds ok but haven't really turned it up due to all the rattle from bare metal. Will be dynamating trunk and read deck soon. Would it be best to go ahead and switch it to before the amplifier the way you did it? What would be the benefit? Sorry just really curious. I wired everything so that it would be easy to bypass the entire system one day if I add an aftermarket head unit.
The benefit is to eliminate the lousy equalization created by the factory amp.

Just bought a set of speakers for the front according to crutchfeild its a "direct fit" but now i got my door off everything wired go to put it in. Hits about a half inch in. I now need a spacer. But i dont feel like driving without a dam door -.-

Just bought a set of speakers for the front according to crutchfeild its a "direct fit" but now i got my door off everything wired go to put it in. Hits about a half inch in. I now need a spacer. But i dont feel like driving without a dam door -.-

Bring it up with crutchfield, maybe theyll send you some speaker spacers or send you better speakers that actually do fit.

Back