2013 Civic Si 1st gear noise

Gorrila88_13si

I wanted to let you all know that on Saturday 4/18/15 I went to Hudson Honda at 8:45 AM because my 2013 Fb6 Si with 18,3xx miles has been making that horrible noise coming off on first gear (dragging a table across the floor), the tech was able to duplicate the noise while driving but could not duplicate it on the lift. I also had a video of the noise but they said without doing it on the lift the Tech could not be able to submit the claim. The car needs to make the noise constantly to be able to make a proper diagnosis. After several hours of waiting the Manager Daniel from the Service department of Hudson Honda got involved after seeing how irate I was about them telling me that I had to unfortunately have to take my car back with me and come back after the noise becomes more consistent so they could submit the claim. Daniel had the tech send the details to the Tech Support group and they sent back a response on what was the possible issue. The Tech Support Group stated that there is a soft spot in either the flywheel or the plate cover. They recommended that the complete clutch system be switched out including the flywheel. Daniel next explained that he had to have that now approved by the warranty to verify if it will be honored which will take 20-25 minutes for a response. Finally got an answer that the complete job would be covered by warranty. I am so excited that my problem will be fixed very soon, to be exact she goes in on Thursday 4/23/15. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Who ever had it before drove it to hard. I bought my 2013 civic si brand new with 30 miles, now I'm close to 40k and no issues

Who ever had it before drove it to hard. I bought my 2013 civic si brand new with 30 miles, now I'm close to 40k and no issues
How do you know that @Gorrila88_13si isn't the original owner?
There is also a known issue with the 9th gen clutches which this could be.
Like @webby said, it's good to hear that the dealership is taking care of the problem.

I am the original owner, I had the car from 8miles. Yes, I drive my car hard. It's an Si, I bought it to drive it.
How do you know that @Gorrila88_13si isn't the original owner?
There is also a known issue with the 9th gen clutches which this could be.
Like @webby said, it's good to hear that the dealership is taking care of the problem.
Thank you, and yes it is a known issue with the 9th gen and Honda knows about it but because the dealerships give the owners a hard time on duplicating the sound. Tech support is aware of this issue so I recommend whoever here has the same issue to hurry and go to a dealership. If you need any help on what to say please let me know. Their exact words are that there is a soft spot on the flywheel or the pressure plate but they are unsure and that's why they recommend that the dealership change the whole clutchkit and flywheel.

I wanted to update everyone that Hudson Honda held up their end by getting the complete clutch work done on my 2013 Civic Si on 4.29/15. I want to give their Lead Technician Stanley for doing an amazing job!! My car feels even better then when I purchased it in 2013!

This is good info. My transmission is loud. The noise you described has happened to me twice while starting in first gear. It doesn't do it all the time though.

I hear it in first gear. If I feather the throttle while releasing the clutch I don't hear it. It's like an exact spot and I can almost make it do it every time

Back