2013 Exhaust Manifold

so I am really thinking about purchasing a 2013 sedan Si and have a quick question... I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if it has been answered already...I am still pretty near here. haha

the question is: Is it true that the exhaust manifold on the 2013 is not removable? if so does that not limit abilities to either supercharge or turbo?

again sorry if these are dumb questions but I am here to learn more, appreciate all the awesome cars and hopefully soon contribute with a build thread of my own. :)

The exhaust manifold is integrated so you can't remove/replace it. I heard it doesn't make much difference when supercharging and I remember reading that Full-Race said the integrated manifold is good for going turbo.

Anyone who knows more, correct me if I'm wrong.

Instead of four exhaust ports like most 4cyl vehicles, it has 1 on the 9th gen civics. So instead of replacing a standard 4 port header, you're replacing it with a single port header/downpipe,...or whatever you'd like to call it.

This is the stock setup on the left, and the aftermarket downpipe on the right.
rv64_1.jpg

There are like 4 companies that offer downpipes for the Si. You can get them with a high flow cat, or you can get them catless. Full-race has said that the car is amazing for a turbo setup.

Full-Race Geoff said:
The extra 20% displacement COMBINED WITH reduced header volume compared to an 8th gen header makes this k24 perfect for turbocharging:

9th
fr.jpg
VS 8th
fr2.jpg

bisimoto hit over 1000hp on his, so I'd say it works fine.

si19.sized.jpg

dyno and full build thread here -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/the-bisimoto-engineering-2012-honda-civic-sema-build-revealed….2919/

Last edited:
Back