2013 si clutch engagement issue??

civicSIchic

Hey everyone!
Im frustrated and looking for help. I have a 2013 si that has about 8000km on it. The clutch doesnt grab until the pedal is about 3/4 off the floor. It honestly feels like a worn out clutch. I have been to my dealer twice and they say its an si thing. Can that be true?? My husband is a semi mechanic that know clutches inside out and he swears they are too lazy to bleed the system. Anyone else have this issue with their clutch too??? Honda canada says that some of their cars are set up this way. Im scared my car will just refuse to go ito gear one day due to a worn out, or not properly working clutch. Thanks!!

Thanks Squiggy! I would hate to take apart my brand new baby. But we can definitely handle that. I might give it a try... are you saying it doesnt seem right then? Lol.

3/4 of the way down does seem a bit far to me, but I am not an expert in clutches. I would start with the CDV delete. See if that improves it. Might see if someone can adjust it too.

If they do the cdv delete and the issue persists and causes failure down the road wouldn't that pretty much ruin the chances of anything clutch related being warrantied at that point?

Bulkybear...
how is your si to drive? Im assuming you have one cuz of your pic. I talked to another si driver while calling around for a 2nd opinion and he said his car is the same way. Huh. Interesting.

Mine is the same, I don't think it is at 75% of the way up, but not far off. I had a 2003 Accord 6-6 coupe and that one was far worse, it was about 10 - 15% from the top of the pedal movement, that was also normal for that car, it was a real pain to drive smoothly when tired, since you would come up the majority of the way quickly and have to roll your foot off gently at the top, almost everyone who drove that car would stall it the first time out, including the techs at Honda. I think the Si is also a little high, but not so bad, I find the clutch engagement very smooth even if it is a bit high.

So I was just paying close attention to the clutch on my Si on the way home and it is in fact at about 75% for engagement. This is a huge contrast to my '03 LX which engaged at 15-20%.

Bulkybear...
how is your si to drive? Im assuming you have one cuz of your pic. I talked to another si driver while calling around for a 2nd opinion and he said his car is the same way. Huh. Interesting.
Never really paid attention. I know it starts biting half way up or more. Ill update in a few. I can feel its fully engaged when off the pedal but any weight on the pedal it slips. But because its fully engaged when off I don't worry about it.

Recently, I've experienced clutch problems on my '13 FB6 as well. The clutch pedal suddenly got significantly softer and engagement point felt slightly higher. I took it to Honda and got it checked up, turns the honda tech diagnosed that my clutch slave cylinder was leaking fluid :(. Fortunately, it is being covered by warranty and i am just waiting on their call back once the parts are in. You should take it to a different Honda dealer and get it diagnosed...the warranty is effective nationwide (at least in NA...not sure about Canada) so GL.

Just picked up a '13 Si and noticed that the engagement is also just before the top resting point of the clutch. I was shocked at how the Si clutch was "lighter" (when pressing in it) than my '11 civic LX clutch as well as other 8th gen Si's, which required a little more force

The manual honda vehicles I've driven have all engaged towards the top of the pedal

Agreed, and out of the ones I have had I find the 13 Si to be one of the easiest to get used to.

My one month old 13 Si's clutch engages at about 3/4 to top. My 2003 RSX s engaged closer to the floor but I thought is was because the clutch in the RSX was worn. Once I got used to where it engages, I am ok with it. In fact, it is less effort.

same problem is happening to my next door neighbor that has a 2012 civic si and when i jumped in it to see what he was talking about i noticed it was a night and day difference from 2012 civic si seems like the clutch is dead and hes only at 22k miles and im at 8k miles. He took it to honda about 5 different times and they keep saying that its how he drives and that hes wearing the clutch and that its not a problem of honda to fix.

Back