2013 Si Sedan - TPMS Programming

Are you trying to have one complete set of wheels for winter and one for summer? If not, just swap the sensors over to the new wheels and be done with it.

well yes, One set for bad weather and other for summer tires. I wonder is there a device that send a tpms signal to shut the light of on the dash into thinking the wheel sensor is working when it in the glove box? Otherwise when I run summer tires-I put a piece of black tape over the tpms light- the red neck fix. I know when you move the wheel front and back it goes off-then you have to reset the tpms. I wonder if I just reset the tpms on the dash and it sees no signal- would it just stay off? Seems like a stupid thing on a car to me -when a tire gauge does a better job at keeping the right amount of air in the tire-. Tpms is made for idiots!

The sensors activate when the wheels start rotating at a certain mph. Then the signal is sent with the air pressure to the ecu. They cannot be put in the glove box. As for tpms being for idiots,... the gov mandated them.

The Firestone recall in the late 1990s (which was linked to more than 100 deaths from rollovers following tire tread-separation), pushed the United States Congress to legislate the TREAD Act. The Act mandated the use of a suitable TPMS technology in all light motor vehicles (under 10,000 pounds), to help alert drivers of under-inflation events. This act affects all light motor vehicles sold after September 1, 2007. Phase-in started in October 2005 at 20%, and reached 100% for models produced after September 2007. In the United States, as of 2008 all new passenger car models (M1) released must be equipped with a TPMS

so I can't even run my light weight wheels without switching the pee pea to the lighter rims, this is a pain in the ***-Honda was not forced to disable the traction control if the tnps light is on. It looks like the value of my SRT-4 neon 2004 just went up!-no tnps wheel sensors. I do have a cat delete pipe too.

It's not just honda. A number of manufacturers have tpms tied to the abs modules which controls traction control. You can put your light weight wheels on without putting the sensors in. It's going to throw the tpms light, which just means you cannot disable traction control. If that's an issue for you, you need to swap your sensors, or get a 2nd set of sensors and get them programmed when you swap between wheels.

I want to be able to do a burn out on curvy roads to rotate the car-I am a very experienced fast driver-size 225 45 17 fits on stock wheels and the koing's. Nanny is good for nothing-who thinks these people who can't see a low tire will see a stupid light-and check the tires and my light weight Koing's daylight's in Black with a yellow strip-not made anymore-one of the lightest and very strong rims-they fit both the srt-4 and Honda-same bolt pattern. Never broke one of these rims even on bad roads which is every where-I do a dance to avoid pot holes of course. I have eight Koing's rims black and gold-very good price-$125 each-cannot match these wheels for that price any where! Ba back to drawing board- Some china guy on ebey maybe has a defeat device or I make one and sell them to Honda people-great idea I make one LOL!

traction control should not be the default setting, Idea of tpms must have came from California-they hate cars there-this does not save stupid from driving on low tire's as they will ignore the dash light too as they ignore their cars tire pressure. the 100 dumb people would have found some other way to kill themselves any way LOL! What about the 5,000 people that run into the back of a truck- oh they are trying to fix that to with cars that simply don't work at all. Why do you need two cats on a car, isn't one bad enough-this is why I am doing exhaust work and fix that too and getting a computer controller to make the car work better. Maybe the srt-4 car is the last real non nanny car-no tpms and no traction control-burn out stopper. it looks like to get a car today you have to disable all the junk they can think of to make it not work! With traction control on the limited slip won't work correctly!

Holy long paragraphs...calm down buddy.

Swap the sensors over or order a new set and get yourself an ATEQ quickset. You can program it yourself and turn off the tpms light. Great tool to have.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

where do you get one of these tools? well lets see $130 for tnps and now this tool for how much-just to put on some after market wheels-so you can turn of the nanny switch-anti burn out device-traction control-is this a Rubik cube test? Perhaps my mechanic has one. ateq. Running the stock wheels for a while.

Last edited:
the problem with using the original sensors is I would have to take the tire off and balance them again and then the other after market rims would have the senors. I want to be able to run all season tire and summer HP tires-the sticky fun tires. Right now when I put the car on the road it will still be too cold for HP tires-can't be run in temp around 35 and under-they won't stick to the road- all season tires will. I will have to talk to my mechanic and see if he has the tool to program the tnps-most likely he does. Then should get a second set of tnps senors. This seems like a lot of extra work, but I really need to be able to turn the traction control on and off. The after market rims I have aren't even sold any more and are really nice just 17 pds each-would work really nice on the Honda. I certainly got a update on what they are doing to cars now-some bad some good-. Tuner car's are never finished, but that is part of the fun. I don't mind about spending some dough to get it perfect.

Back