>>> 2014 9thcivic.com Calendar - Enter Now! <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
kind of dumb because the photographers should get recognized but ok.
These are the requirements for a reason. We don't require anyone to enter.
We also do not mark up the price on the calendars. Hours are spent compiling the photos, adjusting them for the calendar, getting it set up, etc.
We do this for the members as an added bonus or excitement.

Every year there is usually at least one person that complains about the watermark rule. Usually it's because someone else took their photo and they can't get a hold of a non-watermarked version and don't take photos themselves.

Like pauly said... it's a fun thing for members to show of their photography and/or car. Plus get a really nice calendar at the end of it.

I'm not familiar with what the final product looks like, but maybe there could be a discreet watermark or something in like the corner of a picture with members' usernames to signify whose car is in the shot?

Not complaining here, just throwing out ideas for a possible compromise.

It's not going to happen. This is the 4th year that I've done calendars now and we've never used them.
The calendar is advertised here, along with the winners username and their winning addition to the calendar.

5 years ago (the year before I started doing the calendar) one of my photos was requested for the calendar that I'd had watermarked. I gladly got the original photo without the watermark and gave it to my friend to enter it in. Not only am I proud to see my photo in the calendar, he was proud to see his car in the calendar.

Here is the 2013 Calendar.

Full-bleed calendar.

tease.jpg

Entries end Nov 30th. Then they go to staff voting. (I'm hoping this goes by very quickly)
Then I hope to have it up for sale within the first week of December. I've left some leeway as last year we had some issues with getting the calendar printed. Copyright issues (another reason we don't use watermarks) with just the HONDA BADGE being on the cars. We spent WEEKS contacting the copyright guy at Honda to approve the calendar so that we could get it printed.

Entries end Nov 30th. Then they go to staff voting. (I'm hoping this goes by very quickly)
Then I hope to have it up for sale within the first week of December. I've left some leeway as last year we had some issues with getting the calendar printed. Copyright issues (another reason we don't use watermarks) with just the HONDA BADGE being on the cars. We spent WEEKS contacting the copyright guy at Honda to approve the calendar so that we could get it printed.
Maybe you shoud send the Honda guy a heads up now so he is expecting it and there are no surprises. Just an idea.

Maybe you shoud send the Honda guy a heads up now so he is expecting it and there are no surprises. Just an idea.
He was much more complicated than that. We were emailing him and calling him constantly. He'd just keep forgetting about us or going out of town, promising to get it handled once he got back..........

Ya, that's what I'm saying. If you try contacting him now and let him know the date that he will see the pictures etc. then it might be less of a hassle for you to chase him down, rather than waiting until the calendar is done and then trying to get a rushed approval.

Ya, that's what I'm saying. If you try contacting him now and let him know the date that he will see the pictures etc. then it might be less of a hassle for you to chase him down, rather than waiting until the calendar is done and then trying to get a rushed approval.

Not sure anything would have made him more cooperative. He was very frustrating. :mad:
:yeahthat: What Ken said. The guy had over a month in advance to just look at the calendar and approve. It wasn't done until some time in late January when we were ready to give up? We have to wait until the calendar is together before we can go for the approval.
I'm hoping we won't have to deal with it this year and that our account is pre-approved.

It took @webby, @|-Goku-| , and I to try and get him to approve the calendar.

The calendars were super high quality last year. And they're pretty big. Bigger than your average calendar. Like widescreen vs square tube tv comparison. Lol.

I was told that we should have zero issue with copyright on the calendars going forward. The account with the printer was altered when he gave the past approval.
We've all been told things before. *fingers crossed*

Get those entries in kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back