2014 C9Si Sedan

cTefanovak:

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys. After a long string of non-Honda cars since 1998 I'm back! This is a great car!

Planned upgrades:
-Expel clear bra
-mud gaurds
-Tint
-H&R Springs
-BBS sr Wheels or....
-3M vinyl wrapped roof
.....for starters

StayTuned! This will all probably happen before I get my plates from the DMV, lol.

intro.jpg

he's on the fast track! Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum

Thanks guys. Here is another picture. Tint and OEM mud guards are done! Getting the H&R's and clear bra installed today. Will follow up.

angleB4.JPG

Curious to see how the h&rs will look with the 18's

Here you go. I think the ride height is perfect and actually improves the look of the 18's. I didn't really like the style at first but I think it was the huge wheel gap that might have been the problem. This car is big enough so the 18's really don't look too big and rather proportionate IMO. I will post side view BEFORE and AFTER photos with impressions after I've driven it for a bit.....

HnR.jpg

Here you go. I think the ride height is perfect and actually improves the look of the 18's. I didn't really like the style at first but I think it was the huge wheel gap that might have been the problem. This car is big enough so the 18's really don't look too big and rather proportionate IMO. I will post side view BEFORE and AFTER photos with impressions after I've driven it for a bit.....

View attachment 37876

yea that looks amazing! So jealous! You will love the h&r's, they ride awesome, give it sometime to settle then go get yourself an alignment. (I recommend getting some camber bolts for the front and a rear camber kit for a performance alignment)

I will be waiting for moar pics lol

Also, is that a dent on your rear quarter panel by the rear bumper? :O

yea that looks amazing! So jealous! You will love the h&r's, they ride awesome, give it sometime to settle then go get yourself an alignment. (I recommend getting some camber bolts for the front and a rear camber kit for a performance alignment)

I will be waiting for moar pics lol

Also, is that a dent on your rear quarter panel by the rear bumper? :O
Yes that is a dent. Not very deep and no paint damage so it will be fixed. Got a great paintless dent guy he will make it all better. Will post pics of the after from the same angle.

UPDATE: Here is some photos of the BEFORE/AFTER with the H&R Springs. Originally I was not a big fan of the style of the 2014 SI wheels but they are really growing on me. I think the huge wheel gap was the issue. The ride quality is really almost the same as the stock but the roads around here are pretty good. One major improvement was the initial turn on the car seemed a little numb and slow with the stock setup but with the H&R's the turn in was more direct and predictable. I was surprised to see that each spring had a specific location for the vehicle, like Driver Front and Passenger Rear, pretty cool. I have never seen this before, even on far more expensive suspensions. Tells me they matched the slightly variable spring rates with each other. Anyways, I've included the final alignment specs, the car drives straight as an arrow. I would highly recommend the H&R springs for this car. The German quality, ride comfort and improved handling are worth every penny!

BEFORE
side B4.JPG
AFTER
side after.JPG
BEFORE
angleB4.JPG
AFTER
angle after.JPG Align.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, yea unfortunately I got a dent on my passenger rear door after a month or two into owning the car. Some moron dented it right on the body line and I had my friend's shop do a pdr

Well got the dent fixed. Perfect! No signs whatsoever of the dent now! Also installed the Expel clear bra. Have had this self-healing nano technology clear bra on my last 3 cars and it is awesome. Here is a YoutTube video in case you are not familiar with Expel:

B4after PDR.jpg

So I'm interested in swapping the OEM wheels out for some BBS SR's(18x8 ET40). Thoughts?

BBS Civic SI.JPG BBS SR.JPG

Wheels will look nice on the white.
Any noise issues with the H&R springs? I've read some threads about this, is it a issue of leaving out the isolator to get lower?
Running a little bit of negative camber there, eh.

Back