2014 Civic Coupe suspension feedback

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
OK so I've purchased a 2014 Civic Si Coupe. Still waiting for delivery.
Since the 2014 is a little different from the previous years, and it's relatively new meaning there really isn't a whole lot of them out there yet my question is......does any of the suspension (mainly coilovers) from previous years fit the 2014's?
I've seen a couple of quick blurbs on FB that the 2014's are a little different so I'm wondering if anyone who owns a 2014 has installed or found out any info on this?
I almost think there should be different sections on this blog for the different years of vehicles because it seems that there are slight changes to each year and you either have to modify something or use slightly different pieces when trying to install suspension intended for one year of vehicle on another year if you know what I mean.

This Unfortunately is very true... A tech in my shop just p/u a 14 FB6 and we were looking at 12 HFP susp and 13 Accord HFP 19's... susp is just off and forget a big wheel for now. Doesn't line up right and the spring perch won't allow the bigger wheel. Idk what Honda did but damn the 9th... However on the horizon no info on how far but Honda HPD is working to make some decent Factory performance upgrades for these cars. I'll stay on it and pass it on as I hear any news.

i also own a 14 civic si coupe with the hpf kit and i am still waiting till they come out with coils. i just put 17 inch shoes on my car and it doesnt look good if it isnt lowered.

I would think any of the 9th gen springs would work since you use the stock struts with those.

Agreed. We just had an alignment issue during the trial install of 12 HFP susp on the 14 Si 4dr that kept us from doing it. The knuckle on the 14 is a bit different for whatever reason... But to do springs only is prolly your best bet for now :mad: I think H&R might have something. I'm eagerly watching and waiting for Honda HPD

Back