2014 Civic LX good deal?

CivicFan

We needed a good inexpensive vehicle for when I need to go into the office so we purchased a 2014 Civic LX manual sedan with 41,250 miles for an out the door with TTL included price of $11k. It may have one or two small scratches where you’d expect it but it looks very clean and the interior is very clean. Clean CarFax too with all of the service noted. The trans fluid was changed at 30k miles.

I think it’s a good deal but what do y’all think? The dealer advertised it for $10.9 but that’s not including TTL. I believe the before TTL price was $9.8k. We are in Texas so sales tax is 6.25%

I’d say you did really well. According to kelly blue book - from a dealership - in good condition - with those miles - your trim/sedan. Prices below are without taxes.

B36FD210-6DBC-47C5-878F-C3B0BD475CDD.jpeg

NADA retail which is what our credit union goes off of came back at $11.3K which they don’t factor TTL being a part of that.

The hilarious part was when we started the negotiations on the price. They tried telling me they were into the car at $11.5 when I rejected their initial $12.5 OTD offer. I told the sales manager they paid way too much for it and I chuckled. [emoji16]. I had started at $10K OTD so the number we agreed upon was closer to my offer which is a win for me.

Windward Honda in Kaneohe, Hawaii sold me a Civic LX on 10-07-19 for 11K out the door. 2013 with 14,603 miles on the odo. Car was originally sold by them, then the owner traded it in. My son has worked there
for 13 years and he checked all the service records and said the car never had any problems and the mileage is factual. So he pulled the car and held it for me.
Thanks to Windward Honda.

the Hi deal looks great to me, what options are on that car? Another thing to consider is who was driving a old man-excellent or speed racer -teenager-forget that car:box::scratches::turbopokesmiley:

Original owner is someone's Grandmother.
I bought the Honda so I don't drive my 2018 Kia Stinger GT w/3.3 twin turbo motor too much. Car has
375 lbs of torque, about 3 x what the Civic makes.
Just to keep me from crashing into something I mostly drive the Civic.

civic best DD without turbo, si 2.4. Power you aren't using is just a waste.

BA5A78F2-1E8E-410F-A32C-9B0160D332F2.jpeg 5A5E4E04-D10C-4BC9-8E3D-A5FAFBFBF4A7.jpeg 3879DBAD-319D-4863-89B2-D576FC329D4A.jpeg I just got a 2012 civic LX manual coupe with 62k miles, and no accidents for $5,300! Just $450ish for tax/tag transfer. The girl selling it was in the navy, and had to move on short notice. Luckily I found her ad 2 hours after she posted it asking $6k. I went to her house 30 min later, offered $5,300 and she took it. Transferred it with Zelle right then and there. I love it.

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy your new ride. It has the world class R18 motor which is indestructible if you do the recommended maintenance. That car should consistently get over 40 on trips and over 30 in town. Consistently

Back