2014 Civic Si coupe

doctorpope181

I'm looking into buying one. It's atrocious, I know. I want to know if it's possible to swap the front bumper with the '14 sedan. Can't seem to find an answer online. Any suggestions?

Uhm I have no idea if you could, but I am pretty sure you probably can't because the hood etc is different too I think....why not just buy a '14 sedan?

Uhm I have no idea if you could, but I am pretty sure you probably can't because the hood etc is different too I think....why not just buy a '14 sedan?
I'm pretty stubborn and love the look of a coupe. If you can't swap with the sedan, are there any aftermarket bumpers for this model?

I'm sure someone is already working on it. I love the look of the coupe too

I'm sure someone is already working on it. I love the look of the coupe too
Well how soon after a new model is released are aftermarket parts developed … I've been looking around and there aren't many options for bumpers or body kits for the 2014 .__. The new spoiler is also fugly imo.
I'd much rather have the '13 Si coupe (polished metal) but sadly I can't seem to find those anywhere. I was only sold on the '14 because of push button start and the upgraded interior features.
P.S. - I just got a job at Honda so I'm still learning about the vehicles.

I would not hold your breath on a bumper any time soon. There are no options for the 2012's-2013's that I can think of, unless you consider swapping one from another civic from overseas. They also don't offer the coupes...just sedans, so that doesn't help

Well I think I saw kplayground offer a 9th gen bumper swap (type R 8th gen style). I saw it on IG. Kplayground might be your only hope. But I have my doubts about their fitment

Others have had fitment issues with their front lips & that bumper wouldn't work since he wants a coupe. The coupe has new front quarter panels, hood, headlight shape etc. It's not a swap over from the coupe/sedan like the others.

Others have had fitment issues with their front lips & that bumper wouldn't work since he wants a coupe. The coupe has new front quarter panels, hood, headlight shape etc. It's not a swap over from the coupe/sedan like the others.
So I'm pretty much SOL if I want the coupe? What's so great about a sedan anyway? :p besides that it looks a lot better compared to the current 2dr .

I'm also a fan of the coupe (that's why I have one) but for some reason the sedan is more popular so there seems to be a lot more after market parts that are exclusively for the sedan and won't fit the coupe.
To me that's the only advantage the sedan has over the coupe.

They don't offer the coupe overseas, so making parts is more complex. They'd have to import one, or have access to one in some way. That's why you'll see more stuff for the sedan.

You might not be crazy about the looks of the 14 but I bet if you test drove a 14 and a 13 you'd be leaning towards the 14. I had a 12 and the 14 drives so much better it's like it's a different generation. I've been told its the same difference between a 13 coupe and a 14. For me who went from a 05 rsx type s, the way the 12 civic drove was a complete downgrade. I just thought the civic would break in and drive better, but nope not at all.

You might not be crazy about the looks of the 14 but I bet if you test drove a 14 and a 13 you'd be leaning towards the 14. I had a 12 and the 14 drives so much better it's like it's a different generation. I've been told its the same difference between a 13 coupe and a 14. For me who went from a 05 rsx type s, the way the 12 civic drove was a complete downgrade. I just thought the civic would break in and drive better, but nope not at all.

After upgrading my '13 suspension, it now drives so much better. The sway bar was the biggest change honestly, and I am so glad they fixed that for '14.

In the 12 the way the throttle body worked made it so choppy. Like I can ride first gear in the rsx and in my 14 so smoothly, but in the 12 it wasn't doable. The suspension was way softer, it was a joke to think it was a si suspension. Other than that every aspect of the car has been improved. For me how the car rides is more important than the ugly front bumper, but the look of the car has grown on me and I couldn't imagine having the look of the 12 now. But I still want a body kit, maybe.

In the 12 the way the throttle body worked made it so choppy. Like I can ride first gear in the rsx and in my 14 so smoothly, but in the 12 it wasn't doable. The suspension was way softer, it was a joke to think it was a si suspension. Other than that every aspect of the car has been improved. For me how the car rides is more important than the ugly front bumper, but the look of the car has grown on me and I couldn't imagine having the look of the 12 now. But I still want a body kit, maybe.
How is the throttle body any different? Mechanically the cars are the exact same between the 12 and current. And isnt the only suspension change the sway bars?

It was more of a programming thing. I'm extremely picky with certain things like pedal feel, weight of the wheel, throttle response, so the reason why I also have driven hondas. The way the throttle body would act to lightly using the gas in first and second gear, like cruising the beach :), it would snap shut instead of gradually closing when going from 1%-0%. Sounds dumb but I noticed it. It's the difference between cable and electric throttle body, but the 14 acts way more like a cable throttle. Also the rev hang is almost gone in my 14 compared to the 12 I had. But I'm also coming from a 05 rsx type s, so I'm going to pick up on stuff like that.

There were more changes as well, the wheel is a little more weighted, and has a slightly tighter turning radius, exhaust was refined internally. I'm sure someone has a link for all the changes made, but there were a bunch of little improvements other than the suspension and sway bars.

Back