2014 civic si fresh out dealership issues please advise

@2014civicsi my guess is something isn't right with your intake system. Either the top isn't sitting right on the air box (the black box that houses the air filter) or the tubing that feeds fresh air to the air box has some kind of leak in it.

it turned out to be the bearings in the water pump..part comes in today! :D

I'm with ADExternal, take your car to another dealer, surely there is another dealer around that has an Si in stock that you can compare yours with and say "look, mine is whistling compared to yours, please fix it".

In this age of social media (ahem) I would think that the car dealership would bend over backwards to help you out.

after three visits, finally got some help and it's being resolved..was the bearings in the water pump

Excellent news. Hopefully it's a one of and not a larger issue with more cars. Thanks for the update.

you'll be fine bro..i had a rallye red civic si 2013 for 6 months before i upgraded to the 2014 and had a good 5/6 thousand miles on it..ran great with no problems

enjoy man let me know how it is!..it has a soft whistle naturally but that's just a characteristic of the car. unless it gets alot louder, you'll be fine
Ya I noticed the soft whistle and I was getting all paranoid! I don't remember hearing that on my '12.
I'm crossing my fingers that Honda has got all the bugs worked out with this car. I had enough issues with the '12 thank you very much.

Off topic, just wonder if 2014 si still has rev hang. They advertise 205 hp now so they might have made some changes.

Bumping the hp rating every year or two is something Honda has done for a long time. They used to do it with the preludes all the time. It's almost easier for them to under rate and then publish "higher" numbers every year or two like they actually changed something. They could also be including a slightly more aggressive tune. The GT-R gets higher hp every year too with minimal changes. Keeping a card or two up their sleeve? I think so. That said, still a great car, both the si and the gt-r.

the press release from honda actually stated "revised exhaust system" on all models for 2014

Off topic, just wonder if 2014 si still has rev hang. They advertise 205 hp now so they might have made some changes.
Had it for about 100 miles but it's much shorter now and getting shorter all the time.

......and it still sounds pretty good for a stock exhaust.
It does, but I think the GReddy will sound better (it's on it's way).
(BTW, I used to live in Ottawa)

Ottawa EH? :rotfl:
I used to get down to the banana belt now and then but spent most of my time in Ottawa (well, Ottawa, Montreal, and some obscure places in NB).

Back