2014 Honda Civic SI - Porsche Club of America Open Event

Chambers805

Santa Maria, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Here's a Ghetto Pro (Shoved my cell phone between the seat and the headrest) video of my First Auto Cross Event, It was held at the Santa Maria Airport here in California put on by Porsche Club of America on 9/20/2014

This was a video of my last run in my 2014 Honda Civic SI "Completely Stock"

I have another event coming up here on the 4th put on by the Corvette club and i have a Go Pro now and plan to take a better video. I can tell you the car needs some coil overs and a better driver :P preferable the stig cause that rain got me on the corkscrew :P

Reactions: Nix
Awesome man! Looks like you are needing to invest in a GoPro. Not that the cell video is bad.

I Just got one actually, I have an event this Saturday and will post a video...hopefully my editing skills will justify the better camera.

Reactions: Nix
Very nice. I hope you get some good footage.

If you get the bicycle handle bar mount or seat post mount, I can't remember which, I have been able to hang mine from the rearview mirror. There is just enough room on the mounting post for the mirror to slip it in there. You do have to change the settings on the camera to record upside down or you can use editing software afterwards. It gives a view of most of the dash plus the A-pillars and the hood. Kinda nice to see how close the edges of the car are to things on the playback. It does make everything look slowed down though. Mounting outside with a suction cup has a better sense of speed.

getting it down low definitely makes a difference in terms of "speed". It really does make things look slower when it's positioned high.

hmm ill have to think about how to record it, ill try and switch it up a few runs. I have the suction cups and was planning on mounting it once on top of the sun roof glass, then a dash shot and a driver sideways window shot. usually at these auto cross' you have a work during your off runs and i doubt ill be able to take my laptop and review some of the footage to see what my angles actually look like..going to be hard shooting alone.

Back