2014 Honda Civic

I would say it's the blind spot camera, after zooming in on the photo and seeing this one

image-jpg.31512

Oh I noticed that, but assumed it was a poorly placed screw. I'm assuming there isn't one on the driver side, right?

Honda LaneWatch camera. Manual operation of turning the cam on or off. Automatically turns on when right turn signal is used. Unless disabled in settings.

HDMI port is for iPhones to link up to full iPhone integration coupled with Display Audio on Civic EX+ trim levels.

3rd party & Honda approved apps will be added soon to NextGeneration HondaLink feature.

Including the VERY COOL, "Siri Eyes Free mode" :)

*iPhone 5, 5C, & 5S compatibility only currently. Android supposedly in the coming months.

Adapter cord (HDMI & USB) sold separately for $99.99 & HondaLink Navigation app for $59.99

Oh I noticed that, but assumed it was a poorly placed screw. I'm assuming there isn't one on the driver side, right?
Correct. Driver side has "expanded view" side mirror. Allows one to see in their blind spot. Still a good idea to definitely check your blind spot anyway. Of course!!

Honda's configurator shows different EX wheels online- weird! I'm liking the new interior, tech, and rear end of the coupe, just hate the front and the fact that there's NO volume knob on the EX. WTF is up with these new infotainment systems Honda?
it's part of the touch-screen. it's ridiculously awesome. until you mess with it in person, you just don't understand how awesome it is. EX+ get the Display Audio multi-touch touchscreen. if you know how to use a smartphone, you'll know how to use the Display Audio-equipped 2014 Civic EX+ trims. Period!

So I'm not going crazy. The Canadian EX Coupes keep the 2013 EX Wheels but the 2014 EX Coupe here in the US gets new wheels.
The EX wheels are exactly the same 16" alloy wheels on the 2014 that are on the 2013 is the US market. The only ones to change are the LX 15" steel wheels & hubcaps on 2013 are now 16" for 2014, The EX-L wheels are now 17" two-tone painted, & the Si wheels all-new 18" in my opinion, weird....

The EX wheels are exactly the same 16" alloy wheels on the 2014 that are on the 2013 is the US market. The only ones to change are the LX 15" steel wheels & hubcaps on 2013 are now 16" for 2014, The EX-L wheels are now 17" two-tone painted, & the Si wheels all-new 18" in my opinion, weird....
I just don't get why the red one I just posted has another 16" design on an EX.

I just don't get why the red one I just posted has another 16" design on an EX.
I stand corrected. The EX is an absolute abomination. Hideously ugly new wheels for 2014. But thankfully, only on the coupe!! It appears the 2013 EX sedan wheels are a carryover to the 2014s. *whew!*

I'm going to post photos I just took from the iN.Honda training module to support my findings.

Last edited:
So, I guess in MY opinion, I'm definitely OUT on the LX steel wheels/hubcaps, The EX coupe wheels, & the Si wheels. lol soooo ugly.

I don't get this whole "put black lines dividing the spoke and make it look like it's moving while sitting still" thing going on with the wheels. The Si and EX have it... To me it's a little Volvo-ish but more juvenile.

Wife has a 2013 EXL without nav. The rear view camera displays on the iMid, on my 2014 EXL with Nav it only shows on the bigger screen with no option to show it on the iMid. Not sure why but i prefer it on the iMid a bit more.

Also one things that is a little annoying is that when you are in say... Music screen, it fills up the whole screen with info about the music like song, station, artist, album, etc... which is great! but if you now want to go to Navigation or phone, you have to exit that screen to the main screen, then click on phone or Nav. I guess what I'm saying is, it appears like there is room for tabs on the top. When you are in a screen, that tap shows on the top, however there is no way to sort of multitask and have music up, and then hit the phone tap to get you to the phone settings, then hit the nav tab. instead you have to go back to the main screen. Nothing big just a little annoying. I guess you can always use the voice command.

Also my biggest annoyance, ALL the info that shows on the iMid is well spaced and informative on the bigger screen. So when I was happy to add a wallpaper to my iMid like many do, I came to a stop. I didn't have any "import wallpaper, select wallpaper, delete wallpaper" option. Turns out, that is ONLY for one display models. Having two models, i'd have to add the wallpaper to my big screen as a wallpaper. Yup, the MAIN screen where it's important to see everything you want like the stations list, navigation map, phonebook list. I don't see what the point of having a wallpaper on that screen if to get there (correct me if I'm wrong) I have to latterly go to "Home, Settings, System Info, Clock/wallpaper". This 4 step process to display my wallpaper on my main screen. Making all your other information gone because your selected wallpaper is taking up the whole screen. If you want to see your phonebook, or navigation, or radio station lists again, you exit that wallpaper. I just don't understand why they couldn't leave the option to include it in the iMid. In either case i guess it would look nicer on the bigger screen. But to get there you have to go through so many menu's. It would be understandable if the wallpaper shows up after 1 minute of not being used. Then that would make sense. It would show up if you don't touch the screen for a minute or two, and when you do, it would disappear.

Another thing is, 2013 and 2014, you can get text messages that are linked to your bluetooth, and hear them, but you don't have the reply options with an iPhone 5 or 5S. you can only hear them at your will. I guess with other models you can respond with the selected options like "yes, no, talk you later i'm driving, etc..."

everything else is awesome. CVT drives GREAT! The car is a little bit louder then my wife's car. Not annoying or very noticeable, but a little louder when idle then my wife's. The keyless entry works great and doesn't let you lock the doors when you leave your key in the inside.

Back