2015 Civic is gutless

Kaylin

Alberta, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Hey everyone so I'm just wondering what the best option would be....
I have a stock 2015 civic automatic and it just hit 12,000kms and it's still very very gutless .
What are some good options out there to make it more "zippy"?
Thank you in advance!

That's a good question. The R18 motor is not built for speed. It is a good motor but it is really tuned for efficiently and will resist all attempts to gain speed. If you want to try and gain power you need to go forced induction. If your not prepared for 5-10k in parts and dedicated to power, start with flash pro or ktuner so you can get a tune. It will help the car drive more to your style. This will also keep the auto trans from shifting to 4th constantly and the throttle be more responsive. I have an Injen CAI, P2R TBS, and an HFP catback that can be considered power mods and I can't say they accomplished anything. I love my car but it's not fast.
The group of us here with R18's go more for suspension mods and driver mods to make the car more enjoyable. Start with a rear sway bar, springs or coils, and better wheels and tires just to make the car grip and corner better. This will make it feel faster while not being faster. You will never win a drag race but you can enjoy chucking it into corners.
If you want to go FI there are a lot of people here that can provide some insight. Just be prepared for some hate and spending a lot of money.

I test drove an EX and while flooring it and merging onto the freeway I looked at the salesman and said, "Is this all the power this thing has?"
I ended up with an SI because I knew I wouldn't be happy with the smaller engine.

well I wouldn't be happy with the fuel mileage of the Si..... honestly boils down to the R18 being an economy engine..... its finding that balance that you personally can live with, or afford :) every ones circumstances and preferences vary considerably... The Si was around 35% more money than my EX, but at the same time in 2012, the cheapest WRX was 40% more, so for 5% more money, you got 35% more power, AWD, making the Si irrelevant in my opinion... :) again, just my opinion, I'm happy for any ones choice as long as they are happy with it :) but then again the cheapest WRX didn't come with a glass moon roof, something I can not live without.... my EX is so much car for the money...

well I wouldn't be happy with the fuel mileage of the Si..... honestly boils down to the R18 being an economy engine..... its finding that balance that you personally can live with, or afford :) every ones circumstances and preferences vary considerably... The Si was around 35% more money than my EX, but at the same time in 2012, the cheapest WRX was 40% more, so for 5% more money, you got 35% more power, AWD, making the Si irrelevant in my opinion... :) again, just my opinion, I'm happy for any ones choice as long as they are happy with it :) but then again the cheapest WRX didn't come with a glass moon roof, something I can not live without.... my EX is so much car for the money...

Or you can be happy with the SI a short time and then supercharge her for more power! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you can be happy with the SI a short time and then supercharge her for more power! :)

true enough, but honestly a regular Si makes enough power, even the 160HP 6th gens were peppy enough in my books :) its quite funny to think that a base 1.5l turbo beats all previous stock Si models, not to mention, a turbo, injector, larger fuel pump and ECU tune is a relatively easy swap.... so much easier than adding a whole kit..... Honda really has stepped it up, civics are reliable fun to drive cars, the one thing missing was power, but that has always been at the expense of fuel economy, generally speaking with a Honda motor and manual gear box you are safely able to almost double your horsepower, unless of course u just bag the heck out of it.... :(

Back